Survey by Direct Line - Rural Roads

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Nigel » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:25 pm

Which is what I was afraid of !
Nigel

Postby crr003 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:43 pm

vonhosen wrote:The government no doubt will look to reach the targets they have set themselves, spending as little money as possible in the process.

Shouldn't the Government be trying to reach targets that the electorate has requested, by means that the electorate dictates?

It won't be getting my vote if this rubbish goes through.

Off now to drive at a death defying 60 m.p.h. :evil:
crr003

Postby vonhosen » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:51 pm

crr003 wrote:
vonhosen wrote:The government no doubt will look to reach the targets they have set themselves, spending as little money as possible in the process.

Shouldn't the Government be trying to reach targets that the electorate has requested, by means that the electorate dictates?

It won't be getting my vote if this rubbish goes through.

Off now to drive at a death defying 60 m.p.h. :evil:

The electorate voted the current government into power three times. In doing so they gave them the mandate to govern in our interests as they see fit.

The targets are those set in the document "Tomorrow's Roads: Safer for everyone"
http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/d ... 04644.hcsp
Any views expressed are mine & mine alone.
I do not represent my employer or these forums.
vonhosen

Postby crr003 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:02 pm

vonhosen wrote:The electorate voted the current government into power three times. .....

OFF TOPIC

Well I didn't!

[grumpy old man]The problem is you give old folk additional cash for winter fuel bills and pay people to breed etc. and you can pretty much engineer a win.[/grumpy old man]

I'm waiting to see a response by IAM/ROSPA/AA/RAC/ABD/SafeSpeed/PistonHeads and any other driving organisation.

Everyone talks about Education/Enforcement/Engineering.

When will someone have the guts to say that education has been taken off the list?
crr003

Postby vonhosen » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:27 pm

crr003 wrote:
vonhosen wrote:The electorate voted the current government into power three times. .....

OFF TOPIC

Well I didn't!

[grumpy old man]The problem is you give old folk additional cash for winter fuel bills and pay people to breed etc. and you can pretty much engineer a win.[/grumpy old man]

I'm waiting to see a response by IAM/ROSPA/AA/RAC/ABD/SafeSpeed/PistonHeads and any other driving organisation.

Everyone talks about Education/Enforcement/Engineering.

When will someone have the guts to say that education has been taken off the list?

I iam sure the IAM/ROSPA etc will take issue with that & say very much that they all about the education element.
Any views expressed are mine & mine alone.
I do not represent my employer or these forums.
vonhosen

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum