Which of these DVDs do you rate most highly and why?

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Best DVD to aid in tuition?

Roadcraft
27%
Cadence
18%
Bespoke Commentary
14%
Bespoke Advanced Roadcraft
41%

Total votes : 22

Postby Lady Godiva » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:21 am

The Thinker wrote:I'm sure they have as I seen a copy in HM stationary office, and the IAM sell it. Can't find it on amazon though.

They definitely do do it.

"RoadCraft - the police drivers course on advanced driving" DVD approx 90mins.

The Stationary Office supply it www.tso.co.uk

Regards
Sally
Lady Godiva

Postby ScoobyChris » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:43 pm

stephenperry wrote:I don't think they've released RoadCraft officially on DVD yet, I did mine from the original VHS tape, sorry I should have said that at the start

I have it on DVD - got it in WHSmiths I think.... :D AFAIK, content is identical to video :D

Chris
ScoobyChris

Postby stephenperry » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:02 pm

just received an email from Mark Kendrick at Bespoke to say that my DVDs have been posted today - good service i feel
Last edited by stephenperry on Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpina B10 3.3 #118 : Ford Sierra XR4i : Peugeot 307 HDi 90 S
stephenperry

Postby ScoobyChris » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:15 am

stephenperry wrote:just received an email from Mark Kendrick at Bespoke to say that my DVDs have been posted today - good service i feel

The first DVD I had from him would stutter on my DVD player (which'll play every recorded DVD under the sun :lol: ). I contacted them to ask for an exchange and I had a replacement disc in my hand 2 days later, along with money to more than cover the postage for returning the old disc and a personal letter from Mark apologising :D

Top service! Will be interesting to know what you think of the advanced Roadcraft DVD and how much of an overlap there is with the commentary one :D

Chris
ScoobyChris

Postby stephenperry » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:08 pm

i watched them both last night, i felt the only significant moment of deja vu between the two dvds was commentary on the motorway section

i think that the advanced roadcraft one is the better of the two, very watchable although the background music was a bit on the loud side and almost drowned out his speech (that might have been the way i've set my amp and speakers up though) and it would have been nice to see him using a car with a manual box

the commentary dvd is good but that bloke in the red car is a mouth on a stick! :lol:
Last edited by stephenperry on Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stephenperry

Postby stephenperry » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:09 pm

i'm looking forward to the next one - "high performance roadcraft" on the isle of man
stephenperry

Postby ScoobyChris » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:13 pm

stephenperry wrote:the commentary dvd is good but that bloke in the red car is a mouth on a stick! :lol:

He is and comes up with lots of little rhymes in his drive :lol: Also agree on the comment about manual cars though :D

Chris
ScoobyChris

Postby SammyTheSnake » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:44 pm

ScoobyChris wrote:
stephenperry wrote:the commentary dvd is good but that bloke in the red car is a mouth on a stick! :lol:

He is and comes up with lots of little rhymes in his drive :lol: Also agree on the comment about manual cars though :D

Chris

For those of us on a budget that doesn't stretch to getting the DVD just so we can share the joke, what was his comment?

Ta :-P

Cheers & God bless
Sam "SammyTheSnake" Penny
DSA A 2003/08/01 - first go
Zach 2003-2006 - 1995 Diversion 600
DSA B 2007/03/05 - second go
Ninny 2007-2008 - Focus TDDI
Unnamed 2008- Mk3 1.4 Golf
http://www.sampenny.co.uk/
SammyTheSnake

Postby Lady Godiva » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:26 pm

Dear Stephen - I'm saving up for either new shoes (2" heels :wink: ) or the Advanced Roadcraft DVD. Can you give some idea of the content of the DVD.

Not too much detail, but I've no idea whether its 'how to turn left' or H&T, or anything.

Regards
Sally
Lady Godiva

Postby Roadcraft » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:01 pm

Lady Godiva wrote:I'm saving up for either new shoes (2" heels :wink: )
Sally

2" heels?? What are they for? Running in ?
Roadcraft

Postby stephenperry » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:14 pm

SammyTheSnake wrote:
ScoobyChris wrote:

Chris

For those of us on a budget that doesn't stretch to getting the DVD just so we can share the joke, what was his comment?

Ta :-P

Cheers & God bless
Sam "SammyTheSnake" Penny

I think he meant my comment about the driver using an automatic in the Advanced Roadcraft DVD ?
stephenperry

Postby stephenperry » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:16 pm

Lady Godiva wrote:Dear Stephen - I'm saving up for either new shoes (2" heels :wink: ) or the Advanced Roadcraft DVD. Can you give some idea of the content of the DVD.

Not too much detail, but I've no idea whether its 'how to turn left' or H&T, or anything.

Regards
Sally

are you sure you don't want to do swapsies? :wink:

the DVD is pretty much a quick run through of the usual techniques, you can see some screenshots here, including a contents list:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephenper ... 6532/show/

he doesn't demonstrate how to heel & toe (which technically should be called ball & side as you use the ball of your foot to brake and the side to press the throttle) because he uses an automatic throughout but if you would like to learn how to do this, bearing in mind that it is a race-derived technique for smoother and faster BGOL, have a look at this video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4257173554
stephenperry

Postby TripleS » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:37 pm

Roadcraft wrote:
Lady Godiva wrote:I'm saving up for either new shoes (2" heels :wink: )
Sally

2" heels?? What are they for? Running in ?

That's probably a sensible height if a lady's getting on a bit! :P

BTW, how's Laura today - all frisky and full of beans?

Best wishes all,
Dave. 8)
TripleS

Postby Lady Godiva » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:29 pm

stephenperry wrote: are you sure you don't want to do swapsies? :wink:

Roadcraft wrote: 2" heels?? What are they for? Running in ?

TripleS wrote:That's probably a sensible height if a lady's getting on a bit! :P )

Dear Boys - when you were younger, you bought your training shoes and football stockings, and played your games. Now that I've got older, I buy my shoes and stockings, and play my games. :wink:

Stephen, many thanks for the info. It took a little while to view it, as my lump of a husband is such a tightwad that he refuses to pay for Broadband. We are not speaking at the moment by the way. He complained last night that I spent too much on make up. I complained he spent too much on beer. I said I needed the make up to look pretty. He said thats why he needed the beer.

Regards
Sally
Lady Godiva

Postby stephenperry » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:31 pm

:lol: an old joke but still a good one
stephenperry

PreviousNext

Return to General Car Chat Forum