~~~PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION ~~~~~~

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Luke » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:10 pm

Well, regardless of wether Burgess was convicted of a terrorism offence or not...

Remember that DC Oake didn't have any body armour on, and someone broke free during a violent struggle and managed to pick up a large kitchen knife. He then tried to stab several officers, and DC Oake was the only one who had the guts to jump in and actually try and stop the bloke.

I would say that if you were struggling with a man who is clearly trying to kill you and others around you, and is armed with a large kitchen knife, you are acting with the greatest heroism and courage in a situation of extreme danger.

I don't, however, agree that all officers should recieve one regardless if killed in the execution of their duty because some will be killed because of accident (ie RTA etc). but I don't think people realise the amount of courage a lot of officers display on a regular basis.
Luke

Postby David2428 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:19 pm

Standard Dave wrote:Many of the news stories are not accurate about the events that day and I suppose that this is in part the problem with getting DC Oake the recognition he deserves.

Very good point.....
London Cabbie and Biker......
David2428

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum