A new political party for Car owners

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Gromit37 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:04 pm

Perhaps the problem is that they are too easy. People will spend hours driving without a break, gradually losing their concentration etc. They are good if they're not too busy. I like driving smaller cars (what would I give for a Caterham or an Elise? :twisted: ) which tend to make you feel more vulnerable on motorways. A fairly constant speed and plenty of opportunities to overtake slower traffic are great. But they are different to most other roads, which is why there should be some compulsory motorway driving. Even if it's just a couple of one hour sessions.

Twisty backroads are the place to be. You feel far more involved :)
Gromit37

Postby Big Err » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:27 pm

Nigel wrote:Why do you think motorways are a nightmare ?

Probably the most uninteresting roads in the World, full of uninterested people hence the reason they crash on straight 'one way' roads with no pedestrian, horse, bicycle hazard. I think I've been here before?

But they are good for getting from A to B relatively quickly when they are quiet.

Eric
Big Err

Postby Big Err » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:31 pm

From Worcester Nigel? I encountered the heaviest rain shower I have ever seen on the M5 near Worcester! Visibility was about 50 metres most, and that was with the tail lights of the vehicle ahead just visible, and lane two was doing about twice the speed of lane one (where I was).

Can you tell me where you can buy the radar systems the vehicles in lane two must have been fitted with.

Eric
Big Err

Postby Nigel » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:59 pm

Jaguar and mercedes showrooms I believe Eric.....seriously
Nigel

Postby PeteG » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:50 pm

They may have been fitted with that radar braking system. Reassuring. ;)
"There's always another day, and I would rather miss a few than get one badly wrong." - TripleS, on overtaking.
PeteG

Postby Big Err » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:03 pm

PeteG wrote:They may have been fitted with that radar braking system. Reassuring. ;)

Just a pity we still have the human interface. :lol:
Big Err

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum