Crashed Testy Dummy

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby martine » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:19 pm

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Sammy...shame the bike is worse for wear but at least you are both OK.

If it was an applied treatment of some sort then I'd have thought you would defintely have good cause to complain and claim compensation. They should have put up slippery road surface signs at least.

Take photos quick and contact your road maintenance dept. of the local council.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Big Err » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:43 pm

Advanced Roadcraft wrote:there's been quite a bit about the (alleged!) perils of Safecote on the BMW Club site. See here http://forum.bmw-club.org.uk/viewtopic. ... highlight= if interested.

I had a look at that forum but nothing conclusive so far. Always the problem with new products.

When I worked in highways maintenance I remember having concerns about early life skid resistance of Stone Mastic Asphalt (SMA). Unfortunately my concerns were right and I know the Highways Agency specify the use of slippery road surface signs for the first six months after the use of SMA. The Scottish Exec and Councils are muddling along blind to this so far.

Anyone fancy a claim?

Eric
Big Err

Postby BillZZR600 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:16 pm

Sammy,

I had missed this thread for some reason. Sorry to hear of your Off, but as others have said, just give thanks that you and your Pillion are ok. Metal is much easier fixed and replaced than flesh and blood.

Hope you get it sorted out soon.
Kawasaki ZZR600/Renault Laguna 1.8i
RoADAR Advanced Rider (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Motorcycle) Tutor
RoADAR Advanced Driver (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Car) Tutor
BillZZR600

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum