Porsche Boxster S

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby playtent » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:06 pm

ScoobyChris wrote:
The Z3 was awful, the Z3 M is great :D Much improved chassis and the engine out of the M3 evo so it goes like stink. Not the prettiest car, but I'm guessing you'll be driving it not admiring it :lol:

Chris

Chris

Its too old really, I'd like something 2006 on really.

Cheers
Last edited by playtent on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
playtent

Postby Octy_Ross » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:44 pm

Older drop top 911 or a 944 cab.
Octy_Ross

Postby playtent » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Octy_Ross wrote:Older drop top 911 or a 944 cab.

I don't think I'll get a 2006 or newer one of either of those.
I want to use it every day, not fix it every day! :D

Cheers
playtent

Postby redbeard » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:59 pm

I've just bought a 5 year old Boxster 3.4S and I absolutely love it. To the gent who found them dull all I can say is I doff my cap to you sir because you must be used pushing harder than I do to explore a car's limits and I am enthusiastic behind the wheel.
First impressions of fuel economy, really not too bad considering the performance on tap. Every day usability, I was surprised just how much stuff you can get in the two boots. Long items, forget it, but a weekly shop would be possible for the three of us.
Did I want a 911? Sure, who doesn't. If it had been my only car I could have justified the extra money but a 911 as a second set of wheels, nope. Having said that I very much doubt if a 911 would bring me back home with a bigger grin on my mug than the Boxster S.
A wise man once said "Were it not for cars this planet would be a useless ball of mud."
redbeard

Postby gannet » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:38 pm

never really heard of the Z4 being called boring.... but I guess Im a bit biased.....
-- Gannet.
Membership Secretary, East Surrey Group of Advanced Motorists
Driving: Citroen DS3 DSport 1.6THP / MINI Cooper Coupe :D
Riding: Airnimal Joey Sport... (helps with the commute into London during the week!)
ImageImage
gannet

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum