IAM AGM

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Darren » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:12 pm

TripleS wrote:....but ADUK as the new force? Is Darren ambitious enough to go for that? It would be a huge task to start from scratch. I'd just like to see somebody getting to grips with it.

Nice, out of the box thinking Dave, but don't hold your breath. It would take alot more than me alone (taking into account the full time job etc). However, given this site is No.1 on Google for Advanced Driving (well it was when I last checked) there would be a possibility to do something. I do recieve alot of emails asking about tuition etc. Also, there would be nothing stopping listing ADUK operations as part of the search list.

But...where to start...its all a bit big...
Darren

Postby Darren » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:13 pm

TripleS wrote:....but ADUK as the new force? Is Darren ambitious enough to go for that? It would be a huge task to start from scratch. I'd just like to see somebody getting to grips with it.

Nice, out of the box thinking Dave, but don't hold your breath. It would take alot more than me alone (taking into account the full time job etc). However, given this site is No.1 on Google for Advanced Driving (well it was when I last checked) there would be a possibility to do something. I do recieve alot of emails asking about tuition etc. Also, there would be nothing stopping listing ADUK operations as part of the search list.

Darren

Postby jont » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:15 pm

Darren wrote:But...where to start...its all a bit big...

I think unfortunately given how society seems to work these days, the first place you'd have to start would be some sort of liability insurance - and that is likely to be prohibitively expensive :(
jont

Postby TripleS » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:18 pm

GS wrote:
ROG wrote:Scrap all the existing organisations and start again with just one under a new name - ADUK :idea: :lol:

Ahh but which driving test would potential members have to take to gain entry??

I could devise one.

The decision of the judge (that's me) is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. :lol:

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby jbsportstech » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:51 pm

How about pass plus :D
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby jont » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:02 pm

TripleS wrote:
GS wrote:
ROG wrote:Scrap all the existing organisations and start again with just one under a new name - ADUK :idea: :lol:

I could devise one.

The decision of the judge (that's me) is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. :lol:

In all seriousness, why bother having a "test"? For those who want to be tested, I don't see any need to try and add to IAM or RoSPA. All the ADUK days I've been on have had drivers wanting to improve and have fun - regardless of where they are at the moment. If anything, the only test needed would be one of attitude.

I guess the availability of those willing to offer advice could be formalised a bit more (like the ClubDriving mentors), but then you get into trying to find willing volunteers, as well as potentially having issues about instruction/insurance.

Maybe the mods could split this off into a discussion in the members area? (assuming Darren doesn't mind!)

Jon
jont

Postby jbsportstech » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:58 pm

Yea u could not have a test to be a member just membership gradings:

-Associate Memberships= Anyone who has an interests in good quality/safe road driving.

-Full Membership = IAM/Rospa Bronze

-Gold Membership = IAM Observer/ Rospa Gold/HPC Entry Standard

-Platnium Memberships = IAM Senior Observer/Rospa Tutor/HPC Honours 2, 3 and Gold.

Somthing like that :wink:
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby vonhosen » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:42 pm

jbsportstech wrote:Yea u could not have a test to be a member just membership gradings:

-Associate Memberships= Anyone who has an interests in good quality/safe road driving.

-Platnium Memberships = IAM Senior Observer/Rospa Tutor/HPC Honours 2, 3 and Gold.

Why do you need the gradings ?
Any views expressed are mine & mine alone.
I do not represent my employer or these forums.
vonhosen

Postby Porker » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:53 pm

Please, let's not have another "equivalence" matrix of standards.

P.
Porker

Postby TripleS » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:15 am

Darren wrote:

Thanks for your reply, Darren, but it wasn't my idea. I think it came from ROG, and I merely picked up on it and wondered if it is really out of the question.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby TripleS » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:19 am

jont wrote:
TripleS wrote:
GS wrote:

I could devise one.

In all seriousness, why bother having a "test"? For those who want to be tested, I don't see any need to try and add to IAM or RoSPA. All the ADUK days I've been on have had drivers wanting to improve and have fun - regardless of where they are at the moment. If anything, the only test needed would be one of attitude.

I guess the availability of those willing to offer advice could be formalised a bit more (like the ClubDriving mentors), but then you get into trying to find willing volunteers, as well as potentially having issues about instruction/insurance.

Maybe the mods could split this off into a discussion in the members area? (assuming Darren doesn't mind!)

Jon

Yes, sorry. 'Twas not a purely serious answer. :)

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby TripleS » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:20 am

vonhosen wrote:
jbsportstech wrote:Yea u could not have a test to be a member just membership gradings:

Why do you need the gradings ?

Status.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby jbsportstech » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:06 am

It must be important to alot of members why else do they list the accalades in the signature box?
Regards James

jbsportstech

Postby Porker » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:34 pm

I'm not suggesting they're not important at an individual level. Rather, that it's nigh on impossible to draw parallels between the standards required for different tests/accolades/whatever.

regards
P.
Porker

Postby jbsportstech » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:47 pm

Ok so u dont agree with the way club driving do it for example?
Regards James

jbsportstech

PreviousNext

Return to General Car Chat Forum