Moped Riders

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby michael769 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:32 pm

zadocbrown wrote:
I suspect the worst moped offenders are outside the system anyway. Changing CBT won't affect those who choose not to bother with it.

Indeed it may well turn out there is a particular reason why he did not want to give his details.
michael769

Postby jbsportstech » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:36 pm

Bike comes up as insured. Ford nwo say there is no damage to the bumper but a tiny chip on the spoiler. My fault as the multi story in exeter has v. very large low struggle support beams which are barley 7ft from f/t/c in places. I opened to the hatch and bang. It is a tiny chip and ford arent making me pay they say its wear and tear.

His plate comes up on the mid but as for him holding a cbt and prov as it could of been someone elses bike on loan or even TWAC/Stolen.

Its his attitude that is the most concerning as we all make mistakes.
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby Red Herring » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:43 pm

jbsportstech wrote:

But we don't all like to admit it to someone. Even though he may have appeared not to have cared ending up on your @rse in front of your mates is not very cool so you can rest assured he will probably have learnt a lesson and will try not to do it again. Just think, you may have made a valuable contribution to road safety by letting him hit you....
Red Herring

Postby jbsportstech » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:48 pm

Red Herring wrote:
jbsportstech wrote:

But we don't all like to admit it to someone. Even though he may have appeared not to have cared ending up on your @rse in front of your mates is not very cool so you can rest assured he will probably have learnt a lesson and will try not to do it again. Just think, you may have made a valuable contribution to road safety by letting him hit you....

maybe red: I don't teh fact you say I let him hit me. I didn't I ran out of talent/options and a slight impact happened. If my daughter had not been in the car/cold and ready for bottle and bed I would of taken more time to go through things properly but I decided her well being more important. He could of done with a copper/breath box and producer for docs and some choice words of advice.
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby Red Herring » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:15 pm

jbsportstech wrote:maybe red: I don't teh fact you say I let him hit me. I didn't I ran out of talent/options and a slight impact happened. If my daughter had not been in the car/cold and ready for bottle and bed I would of taken more time to go through things properly but I decided her well being more important. He could of done with a copper/breath box and producer for docs and some choice words of advice.

I don't for one moment think that would have "learned" him any more than running into you already had.
Red Herring

Postby OILY PAWS » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:10 pm

adiNigel wrote:
OILY PAWS wrote:adinigel....not being inflammatory, but have you sat a CBT?,

It would be very difficult for me to criticise the CBT if I had no experience of it wouldn't it?

rather curt reply considering the next part.

adiNigel wrote:Actually I've sat 2. 1 many years ago when I started using a 125 bike to commute. Just used it for about 18 months so never bothered to take the test. The 2nd time was as part of a DAS course when I was planning to buy a proper bike.

Nigel

don't suppose theres any point in continuing this..........
OILY PAWS

Postby Red Herring » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:24 pm

Other than to ask, "Did he pass and get a proper bike"...!
Red Herring

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:29 pm

From the outside it appears that:

The bikers tried to catch a fish
The fish bit back
The bikers had a sulk

Now let's get on with the discussion. You tried a tactic, it failed, let's move on, and actually explore the subject we were discussing before the failed gunpowder plot ... ;)
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby OILY PAWS » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:53 am

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:From the outside it appears that:

The fish bit back
The bikers had a sulk

Now let's get on with the discussion. You tried a tactic, it failed, let's move on, and actually explore the subject we were discussing before the failed gunpowder plot ... ;)

And yet another patronising post..............

no tactics tried or browbeating posts here..............MY OPINION which i'm entitled to, as are the other posters, I said no point continuing this, because it would end up going round in circles, thats it....no sulks.........or huffs.........

but i'm going to point something out here.......that I've just read on another thread, on here, and it's not entirely unconnected with this thread
Posted today.....
jbsportstech wrote: I have riden motorbikes since the age of 9 but have no formal training not even a CBT. I was taught on private land by a friend who only rides bikes and builds his own custom. Illegally I have riden on the road with him as pillion and then solo, I

enough said I think
OILY PAWS

Postby ExadiNigel » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:55 am

OILY PAWS wrote:....don't suppose theres any point in continuing this..........

Well that's entirely up to you, I plan to continue.

Nigel
Ex - ADI & Fleet Trainer, RoADAR Diploma, National Standards Cycling Instructor, ex- Registered Assessor for BTEC in Driving Science, ex-Member RoADAR & IAM, Plymouth, ex - SAFED registered trainer
ExadiNigel

Postby Red Herring » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:20 am

adiNigel wrote:

Nigel

So did you then, pass that is, and get a proper bike?
Red Herring

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:00 am

OILY PAWS wrote:
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:From the outside it appears that:

The fish bit back
The bikers had a sulk

And yet another patronising post..............

no tactics tried or browbeating posts here..............MY OPINION which i'm entitled to, as are the other posters, I said no point continuing this, because it would end up going round in circles, thats it....no sulks.........or huffs.........

but i'm going to point something out here.......that I've just read on another thread, on here, and it's not entirely unconnected with this thread
Posted today.....
jbsportstech wrote: I have riden motorbikes since the age of 9 but have no formal training not even a CBT. I was taught on private land by a friend who only rides bikes and builds his own custom. Illegally I have riden on the road with him as pillion and then solo, I

enough said I think

I wasn't trying to patronise you. You tried to patronise Nigel and failed, that's all I was pointing out. What's not "proper" about a 125 then? If that's all someone can afford, or it suits them because it's economical to run, do you still look down your nose at them and ask when they're going to get a "proper bike"? Do you have a concept of a "proper car" as well, and take the p*ss out of people with Nissan Micras or other small cars?
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby OILY PAWS » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:24 am

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:I wasn't trying to patronise you.

sure looks that way to me

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:You tried to patronise Nigel and failed, that's all I was pointing out.

nope............the thought was never further, the question was asked to gauge the level of knowledge of the subject.....

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:What's not "proper" about a 125 then? If that's all someone can afford,
or it suits them because it's economical to run, do you still look down your nose at them and ask when they're going to get a "proper bike"? Do you have a concept of a "proper car" as well, and take the p*ss out of people with Nissan Micras or other small cars?

don't understand where this has come from............scoot or a bike (big or small) all the same to me.......as are cars

Really surprised though about the last part being ignored..........
OILY PAWS

Postby ExadiNigel » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:36 am

Red Herring wrote:
adiNigel wrote:

Nigel

So did you then, pass that is, and get a proper bike?

Sorry, forgot to answer that bit.

Yes I successfully completed teh CBT both times and I passed the Bike test too! :D

I bought my brother's Triumph RS Sprint. Didn't keep it long, I prefer the car! Particularly in this weather!

Nigel
Ex - ADI & Fleet Trainer, RoADAR Diploma, National Standards Cycling Instructor, ex- Registered Assessor for BTEC in Driving Science, ex-Member RoADAR & IAM, Plymouth, ex - SAFED registered trainer
ExadiNigel

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:59 am

OILY PAWS wrote:don't understand where this has come from............scoot or a bike (big or small) all the same to me.......as are cars

Really surprised though about the last part being ignored..........

Ah, apologies - reading back I see that was RH, not you. Anyway Nigel has answered that question now.

The last part - you mean jbs's post? Surely that would be for him to comment on?
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

PreviousNext

Return to General Car Chat Forum