Traffic Cops

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby jbsportstech » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:49 am

most forces seem to run a bit of everything now. The focus does seem a firm favourate for a stand response car.

Then its s60/70 traffic and 3/5 series tourings. Skoda Octavia vRS, Focus st, Mondeo st tdci
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:53 am

There are lots of anorak (cough) enthusiast sites about if you want to look at pictures of Police cars - here's one, for example.
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby nuster100 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:14 am

I have just gone and purchesed a mitsuibishi Legum, wich is basicially a Galant VR4.

It has the same active yaw controll as the evo and the same 4wd system, but with a 300bhp twin turbo v6 under the bonnet.

I tried pretty hard to unstick the car today arround some wet empty roundabouts and must say that the system is pretty impressive, even on horrably wet roads throwing the car from right round the rab to left comming of the exit under hard accelleration, the system never went beyond 30% use with the active diffs sending the power where it was needed.

The only danger i can see is this sort of car promotes balls of steel, which could very well exceed my talent.

I certially couldent corner in the lliner like i can in this car, something to be mindfull of if you ever jumped out of one into an m3 or simmilar.

Jay
"Learn from the mistakes of others, you dont have time to make them all yourself"

Rospa South West and Taunton Group Chairman 2007-2009
nuster100

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum