Moped Riders

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Red Herring » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:20 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:Ah, apologies - reading back I see that was RH, not you. Anyway Nigel has answered that question now.

Actually no it wasn't, it was Nigel himself that introduced that expression, see last post on previous page. For the record there is nothing wrong with small motorcycles. Like small cars they have their place and uses. However within motorcycle circles there is an accepted banter over such things and it is rarely taken the wrong way as you have.
Red Herring

Postby Rabiedmushroom » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:22 pm

Moped & motorcycle test & licence requirements are on webpages via the DVLA:
Linky

I agree there is a black hole where a 16 year old can pass a CBT and get out riding with L plates with not other testing or training; theory & hazard are done in prep for a practical motorcycle or car practical test. CBT has to be retaken every 2 years.

Unfortunately, a few youthful muppets spoil it for the many sensible youngsters.

I personally would like to see all car drivers have a go on a motorcycle! You have to be far more observant and plan better because you're so much more vulnerable on a scooter or motorcycle. And as for a push-bike... *shudders* :wink:

I'd recommend any rider to try advanced training with SAM (Somerset Advanced Motorcyclists). They're an active group with some super tutors. They really helped me :D
Suzy
Rabiedmushroom

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:35 pm

Red Herring wrote:
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:Ah, apologies - reading back I see that was RH, not you. Anyway Nigel has answered that question now.

Actually no it wasn't, it was Nigel himself that introduced that expression, see last post on previous page. For the record there is nothing wrong with small motorcycles. Like small cars they have their place and uses. However within motorcycle circles there is an accepted banter over such things and it is rarely taken the wrong way as you have.

:oops: Sorry chaps. Obviously I misunderstood. It looked like y'all took Nigel's answer the wrong way to me, and I didn't think he'd been curt or rude at all, but answered the question very fully.
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum