BBC 1 Traffic Cops 8th Nov (8:00pm?)

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Advanced Roadcraft » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:42 am

Gromit37 wrote:So, we have to work to the lowest common denominator. :(

To-day's depressing thought.

Not saying that you are wrong in stating that's how things are now (and will, almost certainly continue to be). But to see it as an OK solution to a problem... :cry:

I'll take my Prozac now.
Advanced Roadcraft

Postby Gareth » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:08 pm

Advanced Roadcraft wrote:

Not saying that you are wrong in stating that's how things are now (and will, almost certainly continue to be). But to see it as an OK solution to a problem... :cry:

The good thing about the lowest common denominator is that it will preclude advanced driving. In fact, it precludes excellence in all spheres, and is ideal as an ego protection of those that will never improve themselves. I look forward to the ultimate greyness of life.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...
Gareth

Postby Advanced Roadcraft » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:53 pm

Gareth wrote:
Advanced Roadcraft wrote:

The good thing about the lowest common denominator is that it will preclude advanced driving. In fact, it precludes excellence in all spheres, and is ideal as an ego protection of those that will never improve themselves. I look forward to the ultimate greyness of life.

Is there a 'Tongue-in-cheek' Smiley?
Advanced Roadcraft

Postby Gromit37 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:36 pm

Roadcraft : Thankyou for your praise :wink:

7db : I agree 100%

TripleS : Agreed, it is depressing. I wish it were not the way we have to go. I just can't see too many folks taking enough responsibility for them to be given more of a 'free reign' :( Ideally, we would all just get on with life, taking adequate precautions to make life reasonably safe for ourselves and others. Pop over to one of the 'Corsa' or 'Ka' forums etc and you'll see we have a loooooooong way to go. Still, at least we agree on something! :wink:

crr003 : I love Gromit. He's my kinda dog! :lol:

Advanced Roadcraft : I'll join you in that Prozac. Too many areas of life are like drawing by numbers. Actually, that's the only kind of drawing I can do. I'm cr*p at drawing and driving. At least I'm consistent :oops:

Gareth : What's wrong with grey? John Major was grey and he... oh, ok. Bad example! :wink: No more politics. I promise.

You see, I can do short(ish) posts too. Can't I? Ok, I'll shut up again :oops:
Gromit37

Postby TripleS » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:48 pm

Gromit37 wrote:Roadcraft : Thankyou for your praise :wink:

7db : I agree 100%

TripleS : Agreed, it is depressing. I wish it were not the way we have to go. I just can't see too many folks taking enough responsibility for them to be given more of a 'free rein' :(

No, it isn't the way we have to go, and I think that given a bit of courage on the part of TPTB we could avoid that depressing option and have something much better; though at the moment it looks like an uphill task from my side of the fence.

Nothing worthwhile is ever easy - but it sure is satisfying when you achieve it.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby nuster100 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:23 am

This is why we need events like the proposed ADUK-Gumball style event.

We need to raise awareness and make people think about their actions behind the wheel.

Of course there will always be those with an IQ less than that of a common ground squirrel.

It is for these people we have the traf pol.

Jay
"Learn from the mistakes of others, you dont have time to make them all yourself"

Rospa South West and Taunton Group Chairman 2007-2009
nuster100

Postby 7db » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:30 am

nuster100 wrote:Of course there will always be those with an IQ less than that of a common ground squirrel.

Ooh excellent - can you still get ground squirrel - my Tescos doesn't stock it
7db

Postby Advanced Roadcraft » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:36 am

nuster100 wrote:Of course there will always be those with an IQ less than that of a common ground squirrel.
It is for these people we have the traf pol.

PMSL when I first (mis)read this!
Apologies to nuster and the Trafpol for even thinking that he could have meant what I first thought he meant.
Advanced Roadcraft

Postby PeteG » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:58 am

Gromit37 wrote:... Pop over to one of the 'Corsa' or 'Ka' forums etc and you'll see we have a loooooooong way to go...

Oi! http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/T ... 010049.jpg ;)
In all seriousness, my route to work of an evening takes me past the Wednesday evening "cruise". I'm yet to toddle over and dish out sparklers to attach to the [plural of roof, anyone?] of their cars... given that they drive them like dodgems, the effect may as well be complete.
"There's always another day, and I would rather miss a few than get one badly wrong." - TripleS, on overtaking.
PeteG

Postby Gromit37 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:49 pm

PeteG wrote:
Gromit37 wrote:... Pop over to one of the 'Corsa' or 'Ka' forums etc and you'll see we have a loooooooong way to go...

Oi! http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/T ... 010049.jpg ;)
In all seriousness, my route to work of an evening takes me past the Wednesday evening "cruise". I'm yet to toddle over and dish out sparklers to attach to the [plural of roof, anyone?] of their cars... given that they drive them like dodgems, the effect may as well be complete.

:oops: :wink:

Until a few months ago I had a little Corsa of my own. An immaculate '95 M reg, with only 48K miles on the clock when I traded it in. Even worse, it use to belong to my Mum. She did a whopping 16.5 from new in the 7 years she had it! Reliable, but slower than a snail and more body roll than... erm, everything else made before or since.

7db : Ground squirrel is usually kept with the decicated coconut. You always find squirrels where the nuts are! :wink:

< Hides head in shame and retires to dark corner >
Gromit37

Postby TripleS » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:58 pm

7db wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can get ground almonds, 'cos it gets used when we do a bit of baking. I don't think we need it for flat scones though. :razz:

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby nuster100 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:26 pm

7db wrote:

Yep, try your local Mc Donalds on a Saturday night!!

Jay
"Learn from the mistakes of others, you dont have time to make them all yourself"

Rospa South West and Taunton Group Chairman 2007-2009
nuster100

Postby Gromit37 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:13 pm

yummmm... Two Double Squirrelburgers please!

Does it matter if it's ground red or grey squirrel? Are red more spicy?

PS

I love squizzles really... they may be rodents but they're damned cute with it. Especially those 'reds'. One squizzle is worth 20 chavs and their 'Nova GTI Turbo +' And cleverer too! :wink:
Gromit37

Postby 7db » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:40 pm

I've had braised squirrel. I think it was grey squirrel.
7db

Postby Gromit37 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:45 pm

7db wrote:I've had braised squirrel. I think it was grey squirrel.

When I went to Peru, they offered us Guineapig. They come looking like thye've been steamrollered and scalped. Still with claws and teeth etc. Being a coward... I politely refused to try it.
Gromit37

PreviousNext

Return to General Car Chat Forum