Which annoys you the most?

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Which annoys you the most?

Tailgating
60%
Fog lights on in good viz
6%
Deliberate cutting in
11%
No indicators on roundabout
9%
Other - please specify
14%

Total votes : 35

Postby martine » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:28 pm

Just out of interest...
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby OILY PAWS » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:46 pm

can you add "All of the Above" as a category..................and failing to use mini-roundabouts as a roundabout!
OILY PAWS

Postby ScoobyChris » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:17 pm

Out of all of them it's tailgating, but even then, I've realised that pulling over/taking a different route/allowing them to overtake is a much better option than getting worked up by it :D

Chris
ScoobyChris

Postby Iggy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:40 pm

Other - please specify...

Hand held mobile phones... :evil:
Iggy

Postby martine » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:43 pm

Iggy wrote:Other - please specify...

Hand held mobile phones... :evil:

Yes good one...I can't believe with all the publicity and the recent jail sentence, people still do it...not just on a quiet motorway but while negotiating a busy roundabout! :twisted:
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby stv » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:29 pm

Drivers who have no intention of overtaking but do not leave a sufficient gap for those of us looking to make safe progress, and those who speed up when being overtaken.

Possibly even worse are those who want to overtake but drive too close to the car in front so they miss clear overtaking opportunities.
stv

Postby James » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:23 pm

Almost chose deliberate cutting in, but tailgating has to be it in hindsight :)
James

Postby nuster100 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:02 pm

Nothing more annoying than following someone through a NSL at 45mph to find they don't lift for the 30 zone.

Jay
"Learn from the mistakes of others, you dont have time to make them all yourself"

Rospa South West and Taunton Group Chairman 2007-2009
nuster100

Postby ScoobyChris » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:16 pm

nuster100 wrote:Nothing more annoying than following someone through a NSL at 45mph to find they don't lift for the 30 zone.

Although to put a positive spin on it, it does mean that by the time you reach the next NSL, you have plenty of clear road to enjoy ;)

Chris
ScoobyChris

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:18 pm

Tailgating - pull over and let the twonks past
Fog lights on in good viz - annoying
Deliberate cutting in - doesn't usually happen unless you've annoyed them previously - if you mean swerving across 3 lanes to get to an exit - hell, just drop back a little and make the gap bigger
No indicators on roundabout - chassis language usually gives it away
Other - please specify :lol: -
    mobile phones
    the upspeeding overtakee
    the headlamp flasher when you overtake them or as you complete a perfectly safe overtake towards them
    the eejits who just stop in front of you without signalling to let a passenger out or similar
    the ones who box you in on the motorway when you're just trying to observe good lane discipline
    people who pull out in front of you on roundabouts looking straight at you so you know they just don't care you have to slam the anchors on
    the ones who go through red lights at least 10 seconds after they've changed

On balance, voted for cutting in. :)
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby fungus » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:11 pm

Tailgating.
One speed fits all circumstances.
Not indicating to leave a roundabout.
Incorrect signaling.

Nigel
fungus

Postby gordonb » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:43 pm

Being overtaken just before you exit a 30 limit - Usually follows being tailgated....

Gordon
gordonb

Postby Why_Aye » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:57 am

gordonb wrote:Being overtaken just before you exit a 30 limit - Usually follows being tailgated....

Gordon

Of course. This happens frequently (to me, not least because I am in a "slow" landrover). However, when I have chance to tailgate them back (because they rarely can go faster due to the curvy road) I keep my distance - perhaps quite a bit more so than if I didn't know they had just tailgated me. However, at the next roundabout, I am usually stopping directly behind them.

Out of the given list, I voted 'fog lights on in good vis', as I generally have more control of situations where others apply:

Tailgating - lose them (either my usual remedy of making eye contact, or "give" them the chance to overtake)

Deliberately cutting in - you have to ask why they did it in the first place and reduce the possibilities or allow (preempt) it.

No indicators on roundabout - often no problem, the aforementioned chassis-language will usually tell you what their actions will be.

However, you ask what annoys us the most. Fog lights on with good visibility don't annoy me much, but probably annoys me "most" out of most things.
David

Advanced driver of 2008?
Why_Aye

Postby WS » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:48 am

nuster100 wrote:Nothing more annoying than following someone through a NSL at 45mph to find they don't lift for the 30 zone.

Jay

I agree :x
Regards from Poland
Wojtek
WS

Postby jasonh » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:09 pm

Other: got to be handheld mobiles. I saw one of the local doctors driving down a school road with one, dopey cow!
jasonh

Next

Return to General Car Chat Forum