New member!

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby kwakba » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:36 am

Hi all,

Have been looking on here for a few months, found site due to traffic-answers forum. Plenty of you know me all ready but I thought I would say hello!

Waiting for my first IAM observed run, tried to go with RoSPA but my local group (Home Counties South) wouldn't respond to my emails/phone calls so it's IAM for a while.

I'm a Retained Firefighter for Hampshire and studying for my LGV test and then EFAD test after that.

ANyway that's me, I'm sure you will all have to suffer my daft questions and odd humour over the coming months but hopefully I will be able to contribute something useful!
kwakba

Postby Lynne » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:45 am

kwakba wrote:Hi all,

Have been looking on here for a few months, found site due to traffic-answers forum. Plenty of you know me all ready but I thought I would say hello!

Hello Kwak nice to see you here :D
kwakba wrote:Waiting for my first IAM observed run, tried to go with RoSPA but my local group (Home Counties South) wouldn't respond to my emails/phone calls so it's IAM for a while.

Strange that I have found potential members down this neck of the woods find it quite hard to get a response...maybe this is why IAM have more members! :?
kwakba wrote:I'm a Retained Firefighter for Hampshire and studying for my LGV test and then EFAD test after that.

Well retained for the hours you are on call :shock: but you love it and thanks to guys like you ..:wink:
kwakba wrote:ANyway that's me, I'm sure you will all have to suffer my daft questions and odd humour over the coming months but hopefully I will be able to contribute something useful!

I'm sure you will.

A. Lynne
ADI
RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction

Thankyou for being courteous to horses and riders :)
Lynne

Postby Nigel » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:52 am

Welcome to this forum.

Its nice to see you here, and good luck with your IAM course.

As for not being able to get a response from rospa, I've head this from other people,I think they are a much smaller organisation, I'm going to do my rospa course soon but there isn't even a local group for me.

I'll of course let you all know how I think the two compare, what level I attain etc

I've never met anyone who hasn't enjoyed, and learn't from either course.
Nigel

Postby vonhosen » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:17 am

Welcome kwakba :D
Any views expressed are mine & mine alone.
I do not represent my employer or these forums.
vonhosen

Postby AdamW » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:05 pm

Hi and welcome kwakba :D.
Despite their large numbers ants flow freely because of their understanding and purpose. As a driver your job is to move in, within, and out of the flow of traffic causing the minimum disruption and upset to others. Everyone then benefits, including you.
AdamW

Postby Roadcraft » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:05 pm

HI kwakba...

You're welcome on here....were your views and posts will be as valued as they are on other forums..

Enjoy..
Roadcraft

Postby Darren » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:02 pm

Nigel wrote:As for not being able to get a response from rospa, I've head this from other people,I think they are a much smaller organisation, I'm going to do my rospa course soon but there isn't even a local group for me.

Part of my job is customer service, the rest of it is tyring to make sure mobile networks continue to work. If I dont respond to a customer query, especially, when they spend, or intend to spend money, they get annoyed, I get stick...simple.

Therefor, if your not getting a response, put pressure on RoSPA, or at least the GAP rep to find out what is going on with the group.

http://www.roada.org/contactus.htm

David Wilkinson is an IAM member, as well as RoADA GAP Rep. Very approachable person.

Dave Thompson is a PC1 and my RoADA group Chairman, and South East GAP Rep and also very approachable.

Nigel Albright, is South West GAP Rep, and also an IAM Member...very active guy.

Never met the other guys.
Darren

Postby kawasaki_dave » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:09 pm

Hope kwak doesn't mind me tagging on to this new member thing....

Just joined, mainly on orders from a certain Aunty who also happens to be an ADI and ride horses!!!

On top of that, having seen FAs avatar, I decided this is definitely the place to be!

A lot of you will know me from the TA Forum, so I'm starting to hope I haven't offended too many people! I look forward to sparring with you all on here!
kawasaki_dave

Postby AdamW » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:05 pm

Hi and welcome across kawasaki_dave.

That Lynne had her whip out again.
:lol:
Despite their large numbers ants flow freely because of their understanding and purpose. As a driver your job is to move in, within, and out of the flow of traffic causing the minimum disruption and upset to others. Everyone then benefits, including you.
AdamW

Postby Rick » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:42 pm

Welcome all :D
Rick

Postby Mick Annick » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:23 pm

Hi

Am I allowed out to play here too? I just wandered over from traffic Answerd from a link Lynne posted...
Mick Annick
RoADA Gold, MIRTE
Mick Annick

Postby David2428 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:23 pm

Hi Gang,

Just waiting for Donald............... :twisted:
David2428

Return to General Car Chat Forum