F1

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby martine » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:27 pm

YIPHEE :D
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby jbsportstech » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:14 pm

Good news for england !! :D

Although for me he has not shown himself to be much of sportsman this season and I kinda wish he hadnt one. :?
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby martine » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:34 pm

jbsportstech wrote:Although for me he has not shown himself to be much of sportsman this season and I kinda wish he hadnt one. :?

Why do you say that?
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:39 pm

I'm confused by this. What exactly has he done to prove himself not a sportsman? He's been penalised for several incidents, some fairly and some not, but I don't think he's done very much he should reproach himself for. Personally I think many drivers these days take risks with each others safety that would have been socially inadmissable in earlier times. In that he's no different. Well done Lewis, I say.
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby vonhosen » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:45 pm

Senna, Schumacher ?

Winners tend to be ruthless in their ambitions.
Any views expressed are mine & mine alone.
I do not represent my employer or these forums.
vonhosen

Postby Red Herring » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:45 am

Regardless of the outcome I thought the race itself was proper edge of the seat stuff. I don't think Lewis drove particularly well on this occasion, but as has been said championships can be lost in one race, but are won over several and he had put in all the good work earlier in the season. I thought the comment made by Bernie on the grid about engineering such a cliff hanger were rather interesting though......makes you wonder just how genuine that last lap was....!
Red Herring

Postby Renny » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:31 am

It certainly was a cliffhanger. I wonder if Glock ran out of fuel, or was it that the slicks went off at just the right time for Lewis to benefit. Which ever way, it was close.

I realy felt for Massa, his family and the others in his Ferrari garage. The realisation that he had not won the championship must have really hurt.
Renny
MM0KOZ
MSA Scrutineer (Note: Any comments posted here are my own views and not those of the MSA)
BMW 118d Sport Image
Land Rover Discoveryhttp://www.disco3.co.uk
Lotus Elise S2 http://www.scottishelises.com

Renny

Postby Daaave » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:14 pm

What a superb race - I can't remember the last time I was so much on the edge of my seat. Thank you to the Brazilian weather.

Proof that Glock did nothing only drive as best he could in the conditions on slicks:

Both Glock and Trulli did very similar final lap times as they were both on the same tyres.

Lewis has been very confident in himself all season, some of which has come back to bite him in the arse. But none of his attitude has been unsportsmanlike imo.

Oh, and this made me laugh when I saw it elsewhere...

Daaave

Postby SeanP » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:51 am

That has to be the most edge-of-the-seat and entertaining F1 race in many, many years! Here's to many more :)

The pre-celebration, then realisation by Ferrari betters the many previous years of Murrayisms 8)
Long-term Roadcraft addict :) IAM (3/2009), RoSPA Gold (3/2010)
Mazda RX-8 R3. (Gone but not forgotten: Mazda RX-8 231PS, RIP 28/08/2009).
RX8 Owners Club, Youtube track-day vids
SeanP

Postby martine » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Daaave wrote:Both Glock and Trulli did very similar final lap times as they were both on the same tyres.

Very interesting laptimes and as you say helps to dispell any rumours.

Why do you think Vettel managed to overtake our Lewis - was Lewis being too conservative? I always thought Lewis was supposed to be really good in the wet.

It was so close it must come down to good fortune - I can't see any of that last lap was planned.

Still great to see a British World Champ again and what a shining example to all youngsters out there.
martine

Postby redrobo » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:24 pm

martine wrote:
Daaave wrote:Both Glock and Trulli did very similar final lap times as they were both on the same tyres.

Very interesting laptimes and as you say helps to dispell any rumours.

Why do you think Vettel managed to overtake our Lewis - was Lewis being too conservative? I always thought Lewis was supposed to be really good in the wet.

It was so close it must come down to good fortune - I can't see any of that last lap was planned.

Still great to see a British World Champ again and what a shining example to all youngsters out there.

Vettel got by as a result of Lewis allowing Kubica to unlap himself, also the Stratagists at Wokingham could see on the GPS that lewis would get Glock so no need to fight Vettel
redrobo

Postby martine » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:24 pm

redrobo wrote:...also the Stratagists at Wokingham could see on the GPS that lewis would get Glock so no need to fight Vettel

Mmmm very close call - which soooo nearly went wrong.
martine

Postby TripleS » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:57 pm

martine wrote:YIPHEE :D

Very pretty, Martin. Shame the spelling is wrong. :lol:

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby martine » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:00 pm

TripleS wrote:

Best wishes all,
Dave.

Bugger...

YIHPEE?
martine

Postby TripleS » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:47 pm

martine wrote:
TripleS wrote:

Best wishes all,
Dave.

Bugger...

YIHPEE?

I would have said 'yippee' but that might still be wrong.

Anyhow it sounds to have been a cracking race, which I haven't yet seen (as we've been away for a week, skiving very nicely in our posh new motor home) but our Mike has recorded it so I'll have a look later.

Incidentally, I don't have a lot of sympathy for the spaghetti gobblers. They've had plenty of success in recent times so it'll do them good to get used to not winning for a while.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Next

Return to General Car Chat Forum