Policing and road safety

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Should policing our roads have a higher priority?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:24 pm

Yes (at the expense of other areas)
40%
Yes and I would be willing to pay more tax
60%
No the priorites are about right
No votes
No it should be reduced further
No votes

Total votes : 10

Postby martine » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:24 pm

In recent years I understand most constabularys in the UK have greatly reduced the resources given to policing our roads and drivers. I think this is due to central government guidelines and other priorities taking precedence llike the 'global-terror' threat.

Personally, I believe that effective road policing has many positive knock-on effects as many people driving dangerously often have other offences just waiting to be discovered and being pulled by a traffic cop just gives a great chance to pick up on these <this is purely subjective and I would be interested to see if our police contributors agree>

Clearly there are limited police resources so it comes down to priorities. I'd be interested to see what others think so please vote.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Rick » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:04 am

It would depend on what Policing would mean. If it sorted out dangerous driving and drink driving then i would be happy to pay some extra money. If it was purely speed orientated like the scamera stuff then no way.
Rick

Return to General Car Chat Forum