Previously attended IAM course, what now?

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Roadcraft » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:19 pm

I'm on afternoon shift on the 13th May..unfortunately...

Although, i'm giving up some of my working day on that day...to take me police Range Rover along to the town's IAM group 50th Anniversary show...
Roadcraft

Postby TripleS » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:23 pm

Safety1st wrote:I'm on afternoon shift on the 13th May..unfortunately...

Although, i'm giving up some of my working day on that day...to take me police Range Rover along to the town's IAM group 50th Anniversary show...

I think this might be a good time to hold off the Range Rover/hedgehog joke! :roll:

Sorry to hear you're occupied that day though S1, it could have been a nice little gathering. Maybe another time...

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby bodacious » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:28 pm

Safety1st wrote:I'm on afternoon shift on the 13th May..unfortunately...

Shame :(

Look forward to meeting everyone who is going on the 13th...do we have any more details on this? Like where, and times, and ... ? :D

Nina :)

Passed Practical 1st Time: 19th Dec. 2005
Waiting for my observer with IAM, NELE group

Driving my Smart ForFour called Bo
bodacious

Postby JamesAllport » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:39 pm

Blimey, young people are impatient nowadays... :D :D . It is a month away!

I'm sure Nick, who is actually organising, will confirm things in good time (probably off forum by e-mail to save cluttering up the board).

I suspect that the format would be to meet up in Felstead, and pair up and drive together. Maybe once, maybe twice depending on numbers and how long people can stay.

In any case, the area is full of challenging roads and there should be ample opportunity for everyone to drive and be driven, as they wish.

Looking forward to it,

James
Only two things matter: attitude & entry speeds.
JamesAllport

Postby AdamW » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:14 pm

MikeG and Rick,

I'd be up for the meet as well.

:D
Despite their large numbers ants flow freely because of their understanding and purpose. As a driver your job is to move in, within, and out of the flow of traffic causing the minimum disruption and upset to others. Everyone then benefits, including you.
AdamW

Postby jibberjabber25 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:38 pm

JamesAllport wrote:Blimey, young people are impatient nowadays... :D :D . It is a month away!

It's more an obsession with planning in advance that I have (I think Nina is the same), as opposed to being impatient James. :)

Sorry if I (or rather we) were enquiring a little bit too early. :oops:
IAM Qualified Observer
jibberjabber25

Postby TripleS » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:57 pm

jibberjabber25 wrote:
JamesAllport wrote:Blimey, young people are impatient nowadays... :D :D . It is a month away!

It's more an obsession with planning in advance that I have (I think Nina is the same), as opposed to being impatient James. :)

Sorry if I (or rather we) were enquiring a little bit too early. :oops:

Oh I'm sure it will just be taken as a sign that you're looking forward to the event.

BTW, could the organisers bear in mind that it's a long way from Whitby to Essex, and I'm only an old buffer - wot only drives slowly - so I'll maybe see you in time for lunch! Let me know when you've found a nice village pub... :)

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby bodacious » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:04 pm

Lol for me thinking a month in advance is really quite good, I'm one of those awful people who does really really really plan everything waaay in advance :oops:

But it is because i'm looking forward to it -particularly after having a run in with a fence yesterday, and now having a total of 3 scratches on my car (1 of them ridiculously deep) which have to be repaired costing me £150 :cry: -i think its quite necessary i do Advanced Driving :roll: :wink:

Look forward to hearing the details, and seeing you there,

Nina :)

bodacious

Postby Porker » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:15 pm

OK folks - it looks like we have a "go" for Saturday 13th May.

If my calculations are correct, we have the following participants:

Dave (TripleS) (arriving lunchtime-ish)
Nina
Jibberjabber
Adam W
David 2428
Simon RS2

plus myself, James Allport and Dave Turner acting as coaches.

The day looks like this:

09:00 Arrival and introduction (see below)
09:30 Run 1
11:00 Run 2
12:30 Lunch break (1 hour)
13:30 Demonstration drive 1*
14:00 Demonstration drive 2*
14:45 Run 3
16:00 Run 4
17:30 Wrap up

The runs are 30 miles each, and it's intended that each driver being coached will participate in two runs as the driver and two as a passenger. Every run will have a coach present to offer guidance.

The coaches will also provide demonstration drives after lunch. I have said that there will be two demo drives because Dave and I have 2 seater cars, so we obviously can't take more than one passenger. However, if James, say, has a four seat car he can do one longer run - it'll even out in the end.

For the plan to work, the drivers being coached will need to have four seater cars to enable both your fellow trainee and the coach to be accommodated. Each person will be driving only their own car, so there will not be any issues with insurance.

IMPORTANT - Trainees - please let me know if you are *not* able to bring a four seater car.

Meeting location: Stebbing Road, Felsted, Essex, CM6 - park on Stebbing Road adjacent to Players Court.

Lunch: Felsted is not blessed with lots of good-value places, but the local curry place is good and reasonably priced. Please let me know if this *will not* be suitable for you. We will each be paying for our own lunches.

I can be reached on 07714 672077 for any enquiries beforehand or on the day, or of course via this forum.

So, to summarise:

i) Can everyone who wants to come on this event please re-confirm attendance.
ii) Trainees - please confirm that you have a four seater car available for the event.
iii) All - please confirm that a curry lunch is OK for you.
iv) Trainees - please let me have your mobile phone number and e-mail address if I do not already have it.

Lastly, if there's anybody who's expressed an interest that I've missed off the list above, please make yourself known asap.

Hopefully that's everything :-)

regards
Nick
Porker

Postby Darren » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:18 pm

Porker,

Aaaah over near Epping. I can probably make it. Have blocked it off in the Calendar. Lots of photo's and the like for the day out.

Oh, if anybody is over near Slough, and is on the way but doesn't want to drive (its 70 odd miles from here) but happy to sit in the back, or is bored and wants to come, let me know. Can jump in with me.

Darren
Darren

Postby JamesAllport » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:13 pm

Nick,

That all looks great, and I'll bring my 4 seater MG.

Regards,

James
Only two things matter: attitude & entry speeds.
JamesAllport

Postby bodacious » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:20 pm

Hey,

That sounds great, I'll definitely be there in my 4-seater :D

Nina

bodacious

Postby 7db » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:35 pm

Assume the first isn't "FA Cup Final", then. I shall be blatting around Cambridgeshire that day until about - oh - 3ish. I'll keep my eyes open for you!
7db

Postby TripleS » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:00 pm

Unless some kind of emergency intervenes I'm still intending to join you, and I'll aim to be there for kick off time. My earlier reference to arriving at lunchtime was meant to be a joke - I don't really want to travel 460 miles just for the abridged version!

As for lunch arrangements, I'm not a curry house person so I would be inclined to find a village pub or bring a picnic type lunch, but either way it need not upset anyone else's plans, so don't worry about that.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby Roadcraft » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:41 pm

and a small bottle of Santatogen..perhaps...;)
Roadcraft

PreviousNext

Return to General Car Chat Forum