Advanced Driver has phobia of speed cameras

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby MGF » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:13 am

True story :)
MGF

Postby Sru_1980 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:41 am

Phobia's are weird...my brother has a fear of car washes, due to the brushes "closing in" as it were, and making him feel "trapped."

The funniest one, I think, and the most ironic, perhaps, is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - a fear of long words!!
Sru_1980

Postby jont » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:55 am

MGF wrote:True story :)

He's got it all wrong. If it's false prosecution he's worried about, it's the LTI20-20 he should be scared of... :evil:
jont

Postby TripleS » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:09 am

"Mr Gant suggested one method to help ease conditions like his own would be placing speed limit signs on the rear of cameras to reassure motorists they were driving at the correct speed."

"Mr Rowe said this seemed like a “sensible idea” which could be investigated."

FFS of course it's a sensible idea. How much investigation does it need? Try to do it as economically as possible, but just get on and do it!!

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby jbsportstech » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:18 pm

Would reduce revenue so why would they spend money on it, especially since the councils don't have money anymore and the only people in the goverment with money are those who put in dishonest claims for nannies who post mail ocassionally classing them as Assistants/Sec.
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby zadocbrown » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:32 pm

TripleS wrote:

"Mr Gant suggested one method to help ease conditions like his own would be placing speed limit signs on the rear of cameras to reassure motorists they were driving at the correct speed."

FFS of course it's a sensible idea. How much investigation does it need? Try to do it as economically as possible, but just get on and do it!!

Best wishes all,
Dave.

There are places where they already do this. I've often thought it should be universal practice, as it both removes the 'I didn't see the signs' excuse, and (hopefully) reduces the number of people who slow down to an imagined lower limit.
zadocbrown

Postby TripleS » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:15 pm

zadocbrown wrote:
TripleS wrote:

Best wishes all,
Dave.

There are places where they already do this. I've often thought it should be universal practice, as it both removes the 'I didn't see the signs' excuse, and (hopefully) reduces the number of people who slow down to an imagined lower limit.

Exactly. I don't see a snag with it, unless they are anxious to avoid jeopardising their revenure stream.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby ScoobyChris » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:32 pm

Let's hope no-one tells him about unmarked cars! The man will become a nervous wreck :D

Chris
Last edited by ScoobyChris on Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScoobyChris

Postby TripleS » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:49 pm

ScoobyChris wrote:Let's hope no-one tells him about unmaked cars! The man will become a nervous wreck :D

Chris

Ooooh yes, unmarked cars. Thanks for that; I'm now a nervous wreck. :lol:

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby daz6215 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:46 pm

Dont forget why most of these camera's are there, 3 KSI's :cry: in a three year period for fixed and 1 KSI :cry: for mobile or an area of public concern.
daz6215

Return to General Car Chat Forum