Ads on AD-UK home page....

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Porker » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:14 pm

...include this one:

No Test Driving License

Have you lost your driving licence? No problem! Can't remember the details? No problem! Need a clean licence? No problem! Need motorcycle, car, bus, hgv entitlement? No problem! Over 65? No problem! Medical problems? No problem! There are 110 different models of driving licence in current use throughout the E.U, that's not to mention driving licences issued outside of the E.U that are still accepted for exchange in different E.U countries. There's TWO ways to obtain a European Union driving licence. First way is to exchange your current driving licence, you complete our application form and we print it out and translate some of your driving licence and translate the application form, put it all together and apply for an E.U. licence. This is a way to obtain driving categories that you select on the application form as the foreign issuing authority will look at the translation and not the licence.

Payment accepted
Cash, Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Western Union Bank Transfer SWIFT BACS
Additional Information
The second way is to make a declaration that your licence has been lost/mislaid/stolen in a certain country that we know about. Apply on our website http://www.notestdl.com
Is there any way of preventing this kind of thing appearing on the site?

regards
P.
Porker

Postby Red Herring » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:33 am

I don't expect their take up from the ad on the ADUK site is that great......

As I said on another thread, lots of this kind of rubbish about, perhaps the more ads there are the more persons will be aware of these scams and the less they will be suckered. They're quite useful for getting into night clubs and even fooling a potential employer, however they will not help anyone who already holds a UK licence deceive the police. The real problem is someone who exchanges a fake non UK licence for a UK one. To all intents and purposes the DVLA licence is genuine and the scam will only be detected if someone digs back to the original issuing authority for the foreign licence.
Red Herring

Postby Darren » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:47 pm

Nick, are you saying that text in whole appeared on the site's homepage?
Darren

Postby jbsportstech » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:49 pm

Seems to be expoliting a loop hole in the EU (its full of them mainly favoring emmigrates)

Have to say I was more than miffed that I have a 3.5 ton licence when someone who passed there driving test 18 months prior to me automatcially got 7.5t hardly fair. Why should they be anymore entitled than me? They have not had to demonstrated anymore ability than I have.

Darren with reference to this site it was first posted by a member questioning points being added or not as the cases may be to a polish licence holder I believe.
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby jont » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:52 pm

jbsportstech wrote:Seems to be expoliting a loop hole in the EU (its full of them mainly favoring emmigrates)

Come on nodigitsever, give James his login back... :roll:
jont

Postby Porker » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:45 pm

Darren wrote:Nick, are you saying that text in whole appeared on the site's homepage?

Darren

No, but there was an ad there (top left - "Ads by Google") that had a direct link to the page quoted. The headline text made it quite clear what they are offering.

P.
Porker

Postby Porker » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:48 pm

Red Herring wrote:I don't expect their take up from the ad on the ADUK site is that great......

As I said on another thread, lots of this kind of rubbish about, perhaps the more ads there are the more persons will be aware of these scams and the less they will be suckered. They're quite useful for getting into night clubs and even fooling a potential employer, however they will not help anyone who already holds a UK licence deceive the police. The real problem is someone who exchanges a fake non UK licence for a UK one. To all intents and purposes the DVLA licence is genuine and the scam will only be detected if someone digs back to the original issuing authority for the foreign licence.

True enough in all respects, but it's still not suitable stuff for any legitimate site associated with advanced driving.

P.
Porker

Postby jbsportstech » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:28 pm

StressedDave wrote:
jont wrote:
jbsportstech wrote:Seems to be expoliting a loop hole in the EU (its full of them mainly favoring emmigrates)

Come on nodigitsever, give James his login back... :roll:

It can't be nodigitsever... for all his jingoistic racism, at least he could spell immigrants :twisted:

I am not being racist merely stating a believe..... I am not a member of UKIP for the record :D :wink:
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby Darren » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:43 pm

In general Google choose the ads, but I can block certain "offending" ones if they are perceived inappropriate. Just let me know.
Darren

Return to General Car Chat Forum