Scalextric demo teaches pupils road safety

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby jbsportstech » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:15 pm

Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby Horse » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:20 pm

Ever see the reconstruction of the Membury M4 crash (in fog) done by Thames Valley police?

One simple 'mistake' led to a massive, burning heap of tangled wreckage, involved something like 90 vehicle and 12 deaths.

The reconstruction was stop-frame animation of toy cars . . . but quite chilling as they continued on into the rear of the scene . . .
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby ScoobyChris » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:33 pm

Horse wrote:Ever see the reconstruction of the Membury M4 crash (in fog) done by Thames Valley police?

One simple 'mistake' led to a massive, burning heap of tangled wreckage, involved something like 90 vehicle and 12 deaths.

The reconstruction was stop-frame animation of toy cars . . . but quite chilling as they continued on into the rear of the scene . . .

I think one of the motoring programmes (Fifth Gear?) showed this and I seem to remember that the initial crash was reasonably bad and then wave after wave of cars (all travelling at motorway speeds) just ploughed into the stationary wreckage.

I'm surprised it isn't used more - it certainly brings home the importance of driving to the conditions.

Chris
ScoobyChris

Return to General Car Chat Forum