Dream garage

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Grahar » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:46 pm

martine wrote:
Grahar wrote:My dream garage would contain about 30 cars so in the interests of self-restraint the highlights would be;

Ferrari 430 Spider F1
Sierra Cosworth RS 500 3-door (Moonstone paintwork)
Maserati Gran Cabrio in Rosso (Trionfale) - simply beautiful
Lamborghini LP 560-4 (in metallic grey)
BMW M5 (E39)
BMW E30 325i Sport
BMW E46 M3 CS
Ferrari 599 GTB
Lotus Evora

I'll stop there...I'm getting carried away already...

No for me the two Ferraris and Lambo would be filed under the same category in my mind...I'd stick with the Gallardo and spend the reamining money on something else. And why would you want an M3 and an M5?

The Ferrari 599 is more of a GT than a supercar. Why not have choice and then you can pick one to suit your mood. The Ferrari F430 would be more of a delicate drive and the Lambo is more about thunder and grunt!

The BMW M5 E39 is just one of those cars which is just perfectly rounded. Great engine (sound and power delivery), lovely handling feel, refined and comfortable. The M3 CS is just a beautifully balanced car for occasions where you want something more low key.
Grahar

Postby Grahar » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:52 pm

martine wrote:
Grahar wrote:My dream garage would contain about 30 cars so in the interests of self-restraint the highlights would be;

Ferrari 430 Spider F1
Sierra Cosworth RS 500 3-door (Moonstone paintwork)
Maserati Gran Cabrio in Rosso (Trionfale) - simply beautiful
Lamborghini LP 560-4 (in metallic grey)
BMW M5 (E39)
BMW E30 325i Sport
BMW E46 M3 CS
Ferrari 599 GTB
Lotus Evora

I'll stop there...I'm getting carried away already...

No for me the two Ferraris and Lambo would be filed under the same category in my mind...I'd stick with the Gallardo and spend the reamining money on something else. And why would you want an M3 and an M5?

It would be a travesty to have a car collection without a Ferrari in it! In fact I wouldn't mind a 575M and a F355 GTB as well!
Grahar

Postby jont » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Evora for track days? Nah, V6 Exige surely? :twisted:
jont

Postby sussex2 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Dream garage?
The roof not leaking would be a start.
I'm not bothered about the old Romanians and Bulgarians but the Old Etonians scare me rigid.
sussex2

Postby Grahar » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:11 pm

jont wrote:Evora for track days? Nah, V6 Exige surely? :twisted:

Nice car but I wouldn't fit in it. I think the crispness of the Evora's steering would keep me happy!
Grahar

Postby Grahar » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:24 pm

sussex2 wrote:Dream garage?
The roof not leaking would be a start.

Well if were talking about the building then mine would be temperature and humidity regulated with a full time car valet and detailer. You could simply return a dirty supercar and leave with another sparkly one!

Oh and a marble floor would be nice. And maybe an ironic pot plant to soak up the the CO2 and prevent against climate change (because of course we haven't been having floods, droughts, heatwaves and ice ages for millions of years have we?!).
Grahar

Postby martine » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:46 pm

Grahar wrote:...(because of course we haven't been having floods, droughts, heatwaves and ice ages for millions of years have we?!).

Ooooo...controversial... :D
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:56 pm

martine wrote:
Grahar wrote:...(because of course we haven't been having floods, droughts, heatwaves and ice ages for millions of years have we?!).

Ooooo...controversial... :D

But it's true, isn't it?

Apparently a few years back, there was a lot of hoo-ha about Texas getting snow, but if you look in meteorological records, approximately 100 years earlier, Texas had snow too.

I think the planet goes through cycles of weather, and we're just crossing from one phase of weather into another.
TheInsanity1234

Postby swatchways » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:16 pm

Right then...

Morgan 3 wheeler for the pure smiles per mile! :)
Unimog
TVR Grantura
Datsun 240z
Jaguar XK
Porsche 944
E class estate
Leon Cupra
Merc SLS
swatchways

Postby Grahar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:46 pm

swatchways wrote:Right then...

Unimog
TVR Grantura
Datsun 240z
Jaguar XK
Porsche 944
E class estate
Leon Cupra
Merc SLS

Would you have any of the above cars in cabriolet format (those which it applies to). Mind you, if you had the money you could get a coach-builder to convert it. Superamerica Leon Cupra anyone?!
Grahar

Postby sussex2 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:53 pm

I miss some of the Q cars I used to own; cars that were fast but didn't look like it.
A Saab 900 8 valve turbo comes to mind. It wasn't fast by the standards of today but was challenging and fun to drive.
The vast majority of modern cars have decent performance but the lack of willingness of people to use it I find perplexing.
I'm not bothered about the old Romanians and Bulgarians but the Old Etonians scare me rigid.
sussex2

Postby swatchways » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Grahar wrote:

Unimog
TVR Grantura
Datsun 240z
Jaguar XK
Porsche 944
E class estate
Leon Cupra
Merc SLS

Would you have any of the above cars in cabriolet format (those which it applies to). Mind you, if you had the money you could get a coach-builder to convert it. Superamerica Leon Cupra anyone?!

Nope, that's what the 3 wheeler is for - especially having spent last weekend in one getting soaked and just not caring, such was the grin! :) I wouldn't want to mess with any of them on that list, they're all pretty divine.

Also, although I fully appreciate how weird this sounds, along with the capabilities of a car, I sort of feel rear end looks are more important than front end looks (oo er!! :oops: ) and if you messed with the Leon in that way you'd detract from her shapely behind. I should point out it would be the mk II Leon, rather than the most recent 2 door Darth Vader effort...
swatchways

Postby Grahar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:35 pm

swatchways wrote:
Grahar wrote:

Unimog
TVR Grantura
Datsun 240z
Jaguar XK
Porsche 944
E class estate
Leon Cupra
Merc SLS

Nope, that's what the 3 wheeler is for - especially having spent last weekend in one getting soaked and just not caring, such was the grin! :) I wouldn't want to mess with any of them on that list, they're all pretty divine.

Also, although I fully appreciate how weird this sounds, along with the capabilities of a car, I sort of feel rear end looks are more important than front end looks (oo er!! :oops: ) and if you messed with the Leon in that way you'd detract from her shapely behind. I should point out it would be the mk II Leon, rather than the most recent 2 door Darth Vader effort...

No Italian thoroughbred on your list...what is the world coming too? :D
Grahar

Postby swatchways » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:45 pm

Grahar wrote:No Italian thoroughbred on your list...what is the world coming too? :D

I know - I'll hold my hands up - they don't really do it for me. If anything, it'd be a Dino, but perhaps even better would be an Alfa - 33 stradale!

Did omit the Porsche 356 speedster though - need to add that to my list!
swatchways

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum