Get rich from speed cameras and get caught speeding!

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby jbsportstech » Wed May 06, 2009 11:27 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/8035511.stm

Shows he doesn't even believe his product!!!
Last edited by jbsportstech on Wed May 06, 2009 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby Custom24 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:56 am

Is 100mph on a dual carriageway an automatic ban?
Custom24

Postby ScoobyChris » Wed May 06, 2009 12:13 pm

Custom24 wrote:Is 100mph on a dual carriageway an automatic ban?

IIRC, it's an automatic court appearance IIRC with the likely outcome being a short ban....

Chris
ScoobyChris

Postby jbsportstech » Wed May 06, 2009 12:35 pm

I think nearly everyone gets a ban unless they can prove the evidence is flawed or they have a police advanced ticket :o

But for instance a 60 limit road I know a taxi driver who did 104mph and got 7 day ban and £150 fine back in 1999. Also no a young chap that did 122mph on the stretch and got 4 month ban and £800 fine that was on the same day in court with the same jp's.

In regards to automatic its not as black and white as the totting procedure which is supposed to be 12 points or more 6 month ban. In reality it is quite easy to get out of that 6 month indeed I know someone who got to court and the 9 points had dropped to 6 (3 had expired by the time of the hearing) so they where given 5 points a £100 fine. Then a year or so later they where caught again and gave the court some info and ended up with a 21 day ban and £150 fine. Both time the person summoned under the totting up procedure.
Last edited by jbsportstech on Wed May 06, 2009 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby Custom24 » Wed May 06, 2009 12:37 pm

I can't find any information on the thresholds for more severe prosecution guidelines (ie more severe than 3 points and £60, or whatever the minimum is). Anyone got a sensible link?
Custom24

Postby ScoobyChris » Wed May 06, 2009 12:43 pm

The guidance is defined by ACPO and iirc the cut off is 96mph (on a d/c or motorway) before it should not be dealt with at the side of the road with an on-the-spot fine. I don't have the literature to hand, but I'm sure others on here can point you to it :D

Chris
ScoobyChris

Postby ScoobyChris » Wed May 06, 2009 12:44 pm

ScoobyChris

Postby jbsportstech » Wed May 06, 2009 12:46 pm

From the man himself
Of course, while I have had a number of fixed penalty notices in the past, this is the first time I have exceeded the speed limit to this degree.
Suggest to me that he thinks nothing of low end speeding. So begs the question why he still holds his position as he is clearly unsuitable in my mind.

Also
"I would point out that a potential ban would be a significant punishment on me as an individual."

Don't ban me please I will look a right wally because of my position within serco.
Regards James

jbsportstech

Postby Custom24 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:23 pm

ScoobyChris wrote:Scrub that, here's the link (page 6):

http://www.acpo.police.uk/asp/policies/Data/speed_enforcement_guidelines_web_v7_foi.doc

Chris

Thanks Chris :D
Custom24

Postby ROG » Wed May 06, 2009 1:41 pm

He said: "Of course, while I have had a number of fixed penalty notices in the past, this is the first time I have exceeded the speed limit to this degree."

Obviously learns from past errors then....................... NOT
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby MGF » Wed May 06, 2009 2:26 pm

Mags sentencing guidelines a here @P131

6 months seems a bit harsh but he has had some FPs.
MGF

Postby TripleS » Wed May 06, 2009 4:15 pm

jbsportstech wrote:From the man himself
Of course, while I have had a number of fixed penalty notices in the past, this is the first time I have exceeded the speed limit to this degree.
Suggest to me that he thinks nothing of low end speeding. So begs the question why he still holds his position as he is clearly unsuitable in my mind.

Also
"I would point out that a potential ban would be a significant punishment on me as an individual."

Don't ban me please I will look a right wally because of my position within serco.

:)

Live by the sword....

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby TripleS » Wed May 06, 2009 4:23 pm

ROG wrote:
He said: "Of course, while I have had a number of fixed penalty notices in the past, this is the first time I have exceeded the speed limit to this degree."

Obviously learns from past errors then....................... NOT

What errors? He's had a few previous speeding tickets - minor stuff - and now he's got caught with a biggie, but I've no problem with that. Lots of people get caught speeding, and they get punished for it. That's what I object to; in NSL areas it is simply a non-offence in my book.

My beef is with the fact that his company is an importer and distributor of these damned speed cameras in the first place - although it was not a camera that caught him this time. That would have been a bit of a laugh at least.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby zadocbrown » Wed May 06, 2009 5:22 pm

So he got caught the very first time he did it? What a bugger! And did the court believe him, I wonder?
zadocbrown

Postby firstmk1 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:16 pm

why does it matter how 'rich' he is or who he works for? Unless you work for a news agency and it's a quiet day.
Ian
firstmk1

Next

Return to General Car Chat Forum