Volunteer's needed

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Darren » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:45 pm

Guys n' Gals.

The site and everything involved is now getting too large for me to do everything myself and maintain growth at the current rate. In the last year we've trebbled our traffic, and this month will be hitting over 1,400 unique, new visitors a day (about 90,000 page requests) and taking advantage of the position to improve road safety is high on the agenda.

Can anyone help out?

I want to start running events, nationwide, that people can attend, for free. So, I'm looking for someone to research events we could setup, organise and get people involved.

I also want to start producing more material for the press and utilise resources available. I am looking for a press researcher / contact. I have ideas on how data can be easily compiled, again I just dont have the time.

There are admin tasks that need to be done, but again, finding the time is difficult. There is an opportunity to make a difference and do something worthwhile. If you would be interested in helping out. Please PM me.

Darren
Darren

Postby Darren » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:04 pm

I didn't get any response to this. Purlease?
Darren

Postby Nigel » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:13 pm

Darren

I will help you in any way I can.

I'm especially keen on the event stuff.

As an IAM group observer, I'll also put my services forward in that way.

Boring question..........how do we stand legally, insurance etc ?
Nigel

Postby martine » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:20 pm

Me too Darren - not quite sure what I can do but I will help if time/distance etc permits. I'm quite good on the communucations side (email/phone calls to get contacts etc) and like Nigel I also help out with manning the Bristol group's stand at local events and talking to the public.

Put me on our list.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Rick » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:10 am

Include me too if that helps.
Rick

Postby Roadcraft » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:10 am

I'm probably more use 'on line'....

but as you know..you only need to ask..
Roadcraft

Postby Lynne » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:40 am

Darren,

As I'm taking over as secretary to our local advanced drivers association in May I'm not too sure at the moment how much time this will take.

So, rather like Safety has said really 'online' would be a good way to describe. What do you mean by 'admin tasks'?

Lynne
ADI
RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction

Thankyou for being courteous to horses and riders :)
Lynne

Postby BillZZR600 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:02 pm

As the others said, if I can be of assistance then just ask.

As an Admin myself on a busy Bike Forum, and as an Training Officer and Tutor with my my loca lRoADAR group, I can at times overstrech myself, but if there is anything, or something you want, I will do my best to try and help out.
Kawasaki ZZR600/Renault Laguna 1.8i
RoADAR Advanced Rider (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Motorcycle) Tutor
RoADAR Advanced Driver (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Car) Tutor
BillZZR600

Postby Darren » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:32 pm

OK everyone, thanks for your responses. I will be PM'ing some of you with a list of tasks. Let me know if you can take one or more of them on.
Darren

Postby brianhaddon » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:00 am

A bit late in responding perhaps and I am not sure exactly what I could do but ... I am willing to try if you have the tasks.
Brian Haddon
brianhaddon

Return to General Car Chat Forum