We owe it to 'the roads'...

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby martine » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:55 pm

Anyone see Fifth Gear on Monday? Showed a car I've never heard of...the 'Tramontana'. An F1/F16 cross it seems.

Did some poking around on their website and this vid introduces the outrageous car...

http://www.tramontanagroup.com/video/video.php?subseccio=video_dins&num=1

Really not sure about the looks and who'd have the nerve to drive it down a UK high street...but the engineering and numbers seem pretty impressive.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby TripleS » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:36 pm

martine wrote:Anyone see Fifth Gear on Monday? Showed a car I've never heard of...the 'Tramontana'. An F1/F16 cross it seems.

Did some poking around on their website and this vid introduces the outrageous car...

http://www.tramontanagroup.com/video/video.php?subseccio=video_dins&num=1

Really not sure about the looks and who'd have the nerve to drive it down a UK high street...but the engineering and numbers seem pretty impressive.

Ah, but will it do 50 to the gallon? :P

Best wishes all,
Dave - eco driver extraordinaire. I'm saving the planet y'know. 8)
TripleS

Postby Porker » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:44 pm

Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure it was one of those that I saw on the M25 around junction 16 this evening. It was stuck in the same traffic jam that I was in.

If you take a look at the promotional materials, it's clear that their marketing department has gone into hyperdrive - rarely have I seen so much marketing-speak in so compact a video: "nothing on earth comes closer to heaven" and so on and so on.

regards
P.
Porker

Postby martine » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:51 pm

Porker wrote:If you take a look at the promotional materials, it's clear that their marketing department has gone into hyperdrive - rarely have I seen so much marketing-speak in so compact a video: "nothing on earth comes closer to heaven" and so on and so on.

LOL - I suppose they have to try and justify the £330k price tag.

Anyone seen a Veron on the road in the UK?

My daughter thinks they are gorgeous to look at but while I appreciate the engineering and technology I just think they are plain ugly.

Now an AM Vantage/DB9...well, I go all emotional and weak at the knees... :oops:
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Return to General Car Chat Forum