ADUK Newsletter: Jan 2010

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Darren » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:45 am

A call for content for the newsletter to be sent end of Jan. In a concerted effort to make this happen, I'm trying to get organised (difficult for me!) Requests each month for content will be posted here, in the general section and stickied until the newsletter is sent out.

The email newsletter is sent to approx 3,000 people and is a good way of communicating with people who don't read the site regularly.

We don't need full articles, just links to interesting content either here or elsewhere on the web.
It can be group (IAM, RosPA, ClubDriving etc) even information, anything within reason - whats going on in your group? This information can also be added to the calendar on the website.

Either post items in this thread, or preferably please send email to Image

If you are interested in doing regular points for the newsletter, the content is managed on Google Docs so it can be easily transferred later in the month to the HTML template for emailing. Send me a mail and I will include you on the collaborators list.
Darren

Postby Darren » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:54 am

Did you receive your newsletter? I put in a new system and recieved approv 400 bounces (now all cleared). But the majority seemed to go through.

Secondly, sorry for the plain text only version. Had some trouble getting the mailer to send in HTML. Hopefully fixed for the next one.
Darren

Postby Gareth » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:26 pm

I received the newsletter and was pleased and surprised to see it was in plain text.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...
Gareth

Postby Darren » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:55 pm

Happy to do future in plain text if people prefer that
Darren

Return to General Car Chat Forum