Observed Drive.

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby brianhaddon » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:32 pm

Hi all
Is there anyone out there who would like (be willing) to 'observe' a drive for me? I have my RoADA retest due and feel a bit (well a lot really) of observation could be helpful. At weekends I am at home in South Derbyshire and during the week I am based near Heathrow Airport but am willing to travel to meet an 'observer'. I am thinking of an weekday evening drive if possible. PM me if you prefer not to respond on the forum.
Brian Haddon
brianhaddon

Postby Darren » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:34 pm

Bryan, I would happily return the favour, but as your HPC...not sure how valid or useful my comments would be...I think you need someone a tad better than me.
Darren

Postby JamesAllport » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:41 pm

Brian,

More than happy to have a run out. PM me if you fancy it.

We could meet somewhere sensible, I'm in SE London.

James
Only two things matter: attitude & entry speeds.
JamesAllport

Postby Darren » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:48 pm

If you two are going to have a run out, any objections to having a passenger?
Darren

Postby brianhaddon » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:55 pm

Darren/James
Thanks for the responses.
Darren I think any feedback is useful - I believe we can all learn from each other.
I'll PM you both.
Brian
brianhaddon

Postby GS » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:25 pm

Hi Brian

I'm a RoSPA examiner. If you want a run out prior to your test let me know.
GS
GS

Postby 7db » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:50 pm

Brian - you should get a minibus and we can all come along...

I'm around in West London tomorrow if it helps.
7db

Postby Gareth » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:13 am

Brian,

Likewise (as per David's message). I live near Windsor.

Gareth.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...
Gareth

Postby brianhaddon » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:21 pm

Again thanks to all who have responded. If I haven't already PM'd you I will be :). I hope this doesn't sound too selfish but I hope to take you all up on your offers if I can. With consideration to a thread on another forum I think driving with each other is a fine way of maintaining, recreating, building or whatever our standards. And I am always open to contructive feedback. :roll: - I haven't had my driving scrutinised much recently (HPC IYOD was the last and that was an isolated event for me!) so think it would be useful especially with a re-test looming up. Oh and I know many of you are more experienced/qualified than me but if I can return the compliment I am happy to sit in with others.
Regards
Brian
brianhaddon

Postby Dandu71 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:50 pm

Hi Brian

I may take you up on that offer sometime, I live in Derby and thinking about the ROSPA so your offer could be of use to me.

Daniel
LGV C+E
IAM Car
IAM Motorcycle
DIAmond Advanced
DIAmond Special
Dandu71

Postby brianhaddon » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:18 am

Well folks had a drive out with 7db yesterday after work. So thanks 7db (I'll stick with your forum id for now :) ) for your feedback. I enjoyed the drive and have taken our 'discussion points' on board. Looking forward to more drives. I found it a valuable experience and can only suggest that more of us get together regardless of looming tests.
Brian
brianhaddon

Postby 7db » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:57 am

Thanks for the drive, Brian. A great little exploration of the varied roads of Bucks and Oxfordshire!

I wholeheartedly agree that there should be more of that sort of thing!

db
7db

Postby brianhaddon » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:10 am

Thanks to James Allport for meeting me yesterday for a drive. Sadly didn't go to plan. :( I got within 3/4 mile of our meeting place and came to a grinding halt. There had been an RTA ahead and I queued for an hour! So thanks to James for your patience, at least we had a nice chat and will try for a drive again.
Brian
brianhaddon

Postby brianhaddon » Wed May 03, 2006 8:03 am

Sorry if this is beginning to look like a diary of my drives :oops: but I just like to publicly thank the people who give their time to be chauffered around by me and give me the benefit of their experience. So thanks to James Allport for the drive yesterday. I would never have guessed the South East could be so hilly :shock: But once again I learnt from the experience and had an good time too. :) This process of drives I am going through is one I can thoroughly recommend to others on the forum.
Brian Haddon
brianhaddon

Postby JamesAllport » Wed May 03, 2006 9:13 am

And many thanks to Brian for the chance to reprise all my favourite Kentish white roads while being driven beautifully. Great fun. :D

James
Only two things matter: attitude & entry speeds.
JamesAllport

Next

Return to General Car Chat Forum