What's the difference between this forum and t'other?

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby 7db » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:58 am

This one seems to be full of advanced driving threads (headlampflash, cornering gear etc etc). Is there any difference, or is this just poor lane discipine by thread starters?

Sorry if covered before - newbie trying to cut down on pages I need to read each day...
7db

Postby martine » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:51 am

I started the 'headlamp flash' in the general forum as I was asking if people thought the highway code should be changed rather than a hint/tip/question about 'advanced driving' as such.

I wouldn't get too hung up about which forum is which - people seem pretty relaxed here.

As far as too much reading goes...did you know you can click on the link to 'view posts since last visit' at top left? It took me a while to discover it.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby 7db » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:13 pm

Exactly what I needed, thanks.
7db

Postby CDAWG » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:39 pm

I posted under general discussion as I felt that being in the correct was a more basic topic than an advanced topic. I just needed to get some information, because where I live I never had any formal instruction on the correct shifting of gears.

In fact I have decided that almost driving in the states is better than that expected on driving test, because our test so easy I do not believe someone's driving could go downhill after passing it.

Chris
CDAWG

Postby jibberjabber25 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:55 pm

CDAWG wrote:In fact I have decided that almost driving in the states is better than that expected on driving test, because our test so easy I do not believe someone's driving could go downhill after passing it.

Basically #The only way is up...baby...# (Yazz - The Only Way Is Up) :lol: :lol: :lol:
IAM Qualified Observer
jibberjabber25

Return to General Car Chat Forum