IAM ad in Silvestone programme

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby martine » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Hurray! The IAM have placed an ad in this weekend's F1 programme at Silverstone.

It's all 'prettied-up' but the text says...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I AM a winner...
Winners like Button and Hamilton know the importance of complete vehicle control. The IAM ‘Skill for Life’ programme will help improve your technique, increase your ability, control and skill to help improve your safety on the road. A winning formula for your road safety.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was also a similar ad in recent moto-gp apparently.

Do you reckon it will work?
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby ROG » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:45 am

Hopefully some feedback will determine whether it does any good - or not

I wonder if something like this would be better ???

Button and Hamilton are in the top X% of track drivers and have aquired their track skills for life.
Would you like to be in the top X% of road drivers and aquire your road skills for life ?
It's a lot cheaper, easier and quicker to obtain than than getting the track skills !!

just a thought....
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby ScoobyChris » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:04 am

martine wrote:Do you reckon it will work?

I'd like to say yes, but in reality I think one of the big problems is the IAM lacks credible role models and anyone who signs up in the belief they will be taught to drive like Hamilton or Button will be very disappointed :lol:

Still, 10/10 for effort though :D

Chris
ScoobyChris

Postby martine » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:39 pm

ScoobyChris wrote:
martine wrote:Do you reckon it will work?

I'd like to say yes, but in reality I think one of the big problems is the IAM lacks credible role models and anyone who signs up in the belief they will be taught to drive like Hamilton or Button will be very disappointed :lol:

Ahhh you've not seen Bristol group Observers in action then! :wink:

In my experience, it doesn't take much to convince people that being a good road driver isn't like being a good track driver...different car/situation/aims. If the advert just makes people recognise 'the brand', think about driving and maybe improving their skills - then that's fine IMO.

We've still got F1 World Champion Nigel Mansell on board...but he's not very 'active' unfortunately.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Return to General Car Chat Forum