Tutor's Required

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Darren » Sun May 14, 2006 12:18 pm

In line with the other thread. I need to build a list of people who are prepared to help and volunteer a couple of hours here and there.

We would like to enrol people in the following catagories.

People prepared to give demo drives.
People prepared to provide tutoring to test candidates.

if you are a current IAM observer, RoADA Tutor or HPC member and would be interested in volunteering an hour or so a week, or whatever you can spare.

Please contact me with your Name, Address, Postcode and Tel No. so I can build a picture of the potential Tutor Force and locations to move forward on this.

If your in Groups and know people who would be interested in getting involved, please let them know. Obviously this wont kick off until Insurance is arranged.
Last edited by Darren on Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darren

Postby Darren » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:18 pm

Hi there,

This is a short response to thank you for your support and to let you know that we are in the process of arranging specific insurance to allow this process to become formal.

As such, we need to ensure we have an up to date register of members and status.

If you haven't already done so, could you please go to http://www.advanced-driving.co.uk/join/ and when completing the application, indicate "Yes" in the box at the bottom of the page.

This will ensure the system in place will pick you up as being interested in passing on your knowledge to others who wish to become Advanced Drivers.

Once again, thank you for your support.
Darren

Postby waremark » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:22 pm

Darren, I have given my details - but I am not sure quite what you have in mind. Why would someone wanting this sort of assistance not go via their local ROADAR or IAM group? Are you trying to make available something briefer and less structured than offered by the existing organisations?

By the way, I had no problem with having no special insurance on the drive day I attended. I made it clear that we were just passengers in each other's cars and that any comments made were by way of discussion about driving between friends, not involving any transfer of responsibility. I was also quite clear that I was there as an individual not representing any organisation nor being constrained by their rules.
waremark

Postby BillZZR600 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:59 pm

Also Darren,
The "form" asks whether car or motorcycle, but you cannot enter both.
Kawasaki ZZR600/Renault Laguna 1.8i
RoADAR Advanced Rider (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Motorcycle) Tutor
RoADAR Advanced Driver (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Car) Tutor
BillZZR600

Return to General Car Chat Forum