Slogan/logo addon idea

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby chrispbrown2255 » Mon May 29, 2006 10:11 am

I have a lot of ideas, most I don't post, and the ones I do still tend to be not that good but....

What about designing an ADUK business card, so for example if someone sees the sticker on our car and asks, so they don't have to fiddle with pens and paper or try to remember details we just give them a card with the URL on, and possibly phone numbers for local RoSPA and IAM groups?
chrispbrown2255

Postby Darren » Mon May 29, 2006 10:21 am

chrispbrown2255 wrote:I have a lot of ideas, most I don't post, and the ones I do still tend to be not that good but....

What about designing an ADUK business card, so for example if someone sees the sticker on our car and asks, so they don't have to fiddle with pens and paper or try to remember details we just give them a card with the URL on, and possibly phone numbers for local RoSPA and IAM groups?

I was once told "Darren, you have a million ideas a day, 999,999 of them will be total b****cks, the one good one though will be priceless". Thats turned out to be true on the majority of occasions, the important thing is to have the ideas in the first place.

So basically, keep em coming. If its an idea you want us to know about but dont want to post it, email or PM me.

I think the business cards are quite a good idea, wouldn't like RoSPA or IAM groups numbers as there are alot of them, web address to here should be good enough.

Cost?
Quantity?
Darren

Postby chrispbrown2255 » Mon May 29, 2006 10:30 am

lol I didn't mean all local groups, I mean for example, I would have the Mancheste/liverpool groups on mine, you would have the berkhire groups. But a uniform one would be far cheaper.
Quantity, it depends how many want to be involved.
I've just done a quick search, 250 cards for £12.99, so if there are 25 of us thats 10 each which I think is enough for starters.
chrispbrown2255

Postby Darren » Mon May 29, 2006 10:35 am

I think if we were going to get some done, I would have a few thousand printed with the same info on as it keeps the cost down on a per card basis. I think regional ones might not be cost effective.

Also, group details change frequently meaning cards will need to be changed, frequently. Pointing people here, the details are (as much as I can) kept up to date.
Darren

Postby LEF » Mon May 29, 2006 10:30 pm

vistaprint does business cards 250 free and you only pay for postage - that might be an idea for starters
LEF

Postby chrispbrown2255 » Tue May 30, 2006 8:01 pm

LEF wrote:vistaprint does business cards 250 free and you only pay for postage - that might be an idea for starters

Good idea, however vistaprint's free cards are done using their design and format, I suspect that ADUK cards will be pretty plain with just the logo, slogan and URL, or just the logo if it includes the URL and slogan.

The logo thread seems to have not got off the ground. Are you sticking to your design Darren, but with the new slogan?
chrispbrown2255

Postby Darren » Tue May 30, 2006 8:05 pm

chrispbrown2255 wrote:The logo thread seems to have not got off the ground. Are you sticking to your design Darren, but with the new slogan?

Not really decided to be honest, I'm pretty open. It's not hugely high priority of things to do so it can run for a while.

The Slogan thread still needs to run though, I've got a course to give away !
Darren

Return to General Car Chat Forum