PistonHeads doesn't like the AD message.

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby WhoseGeneration » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:30 pm

I've just been told by PistonHeads, a Moderator there I assume, to go and moan elsewhere, meaning I can't post, after nearly 6 years there, contributing across many subforums.
Why?, because I tried to push the AD approach by suggesting the journalists there should take AD courses and encourage the members to also do so.
I also backed this up by suggesting that this would be a counter argument to BRAKE and its increasing influence upon Government.
It would appear that PistonHeads is, fingers in ears, going lalala.
If any of you are interested, go to website feedback.
Always a commentary, spoken or not.
Keeps one safe. One hopes.
WhoseGeneration

Postby jameslb101 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:38 pm

Just been reading that thread, and find it quite appalling to hear you've been banned from PH for it, as I didn't see anything remotely 'banworthy'. Do you know if that's permanent or temporary?
jameslb101

Postby dombooth » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:47 pm

I bit of attitude maybe put not banworthy. :(

Dom
Dominic Booth
Chesterfield IAM Chairman & Webmaster
IAM F1RST & RoADAR Gold

ALL OF MY POSTS ARE OF MY OPINION ONLY AND NOT THAT OF MY GROUP UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.
dombooth

Postby WhoseGeneration » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:07 am

jameslb101 wrote:Just been reading that thread, and find it quite appalling to hear you've been banned from PH for it, as I didn't see anything remotely 'banworthy'. Do you know if that's permanent or temporary?

I'm not sure, haven't yet fully read the text attached.
I do find it amusing that I'm denied access for my postings,those being relevant to the 'site but many other postings that are very sexist are allowed.
Perhaps I should refer the sexist postings to an interested media organisation, say, The Guardian and see how Haymarket react.
WhoseGeneration

Postby WhoseGeneration » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:40 am

dombooth wrote:I bit of attitude maybe put not banworthy. :(

Dom

That "bit of attitude" comes with age. You'll have it one day. That's not meaning I don't appreciate your postings.
WhoseGeneration

Postby ROG » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:18 am

WhoseGeneration wrote:I've just been told by PistonHeads, a Moderator there I assume, to go and moan elsewhere, meaning I can't post, after nearly 6 years there, contributing across many subforums.
Why?, because I tried to push the AD approach by suggesting the journalists there should take AD courses and encourage the members to also do so.

I learnt early on that in forums its best not to suggest that their members do this or that but to ASK a question such as - are there many members or admin on this site who have passeed an advanced driving test and if so, at what age? - that tends to get a better response and leads to an open discussion

Wording something which SEEMS like a challenge can upset members etc on a forum
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby dombooth » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:54 am

WhoseGeneration wrote:
dombooth wrote:I bit of attitude maybe put not banworthy. :(

Dom

That "bit of attitude" comes with age. You'll have it one day. That's not meaning I don't appreciate your postings.

I know. ;)

Reading it as an outsider it read as though you was having a go though, which obviously wouldn't go down well.

Dom
Dominic Booth
Chesterfield IAM Chairman & Webmaster
IAM F1RST & RoADAR Gold

ALL OF MY POSTS ARE OF MY OPINION ONLY AND NOT THAT OF MY GROUP UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.
dombooth

Postby Gumby » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:43 pm

WhoseGeneration wrote:I've just been told by PistonHeads, a Moderator there I assume, to go and moan elsewhere, meaning I can't post, after nearly 6 years there, contributing across many subforums.
I also backed this up by suggesting that this would be a counter argument to BRAKE and its increasing influence upon Government.

Maybe they were a member of BRAKE :lol:
Gumby

Postby TripleS » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Hard luck, WG. It looks as if you have been a victim of the "Diminutive Richard" syndrome that appears to afflict the PH moderators. They shut me out because I objected to the prospect of them interfering with my signing off style, like this:

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby jameslb101 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:33 pm

TripleS wrote:Best wishes all,
Dave.

You got banned for that? Seriously?
jameslb101

Postby TripleS » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:46 pm

jameslb101 wrote:
Dave.

No, it wasn't quite like that.

What happened was that another PH poster said that he thought the moderators might decide to censure me for my signing off style, and I said that if they did that, it would mark the end of my days with PH. Straight after that, I found myself excluded!

You do sometimes find that those with power and authority are the very people least suited to have it.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby Standard Dave » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:49 am

Just look at Politicians for an example of that :lol:

I've found on some forums that the mods are a little group who are know to each other outside of the internet or people who spend the most time on line neither is a good qualification for the role.

I don't tend to stick around when the regulars and mods are like that.
Standard Dave

Postby Silk » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:15 pm

TripleS wrote:
jameslb101 wrote:
Dave.

No, it wasn't quite like that.

What happened was that another PH poster said that he thought the moderators might decide to censure me for my signing off style, and I said that if they did that, it would mark the end of my days with PH. Straight after that, I found myself excluded!

You do sometimes find that those with power and authority are the very people least suited to have it.

Best wishes all,
Dave.

I've never bothered to join Piston Heads. The name sounds a bit chavvy to start with. Maybe it's because I dont think Top Gear is the best programme on TV and don't use words like "hoot" and "blast" to describe a nice drive in country. To be honest, I don't really like cars, but I realise I'm probably in the minority here. As someone who has been banned from at least half of the forums I've signed up to, I'm aware of how petty-minded some moderators can be.

As I quite like this one, I'm going to behave myself and have my fun in "the other place". We're missing you Dave. Same old arguments, different morons. :-)
Silk

Postby ROG » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:53 pm

I am 54 and have NEVER been into pimped up cars etc but I joined PH as it gives me the opportunity to engage with a younger set of drivers (mainly) and I find them generally very responsive to advice but like most young adults they do not like being told what to do which is natural.

Give a driver of any age different options and explanations if needed and then let them decide

I do like the look of those pimped up cars though - very nice - but I am more interested in the drivers and where they are coming from.....

PS - after reading many posts on PH it may surprise many of you that the majority are very clued up and sensible on their attitudes towards driving issues
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby jameslb101 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:29 pm

ROG wrote:I do like the look of those pimped up cars though - very nice - but I am more interested in the drivers and where they are coming from.....

PS - after reading many posts on PH it may surprise many of you that the majority are very clued up and sensible on their attitudes towards driving issues

PH attracts all sorts (the 'PH scale' if you will) but I haven't noticed much in the 'pimped up' variety...
jameslb101

Next

Return to General Car Chat Forum