Insurance Quotes

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Peat » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:25 pm

One of the fictions about becoming an advanced driver seems to be that you'll get a better quote for your insurance.

I've compared online, and telephone quotes with companies that supposedly offer a discount if you're an IAM member. The online quote that's available to everyone beats any telephone quote for IAM members.

For example, Norwich Union offers a discount to IAM members. However when I called them and asked them to do a quote it was still around 20% more than the online quote that I was given.

To my great surprise, the IAM Select Insurance that is advertised in the IAM Magazine was almost 80% more than my lowest online quote.

I often try to recruit people to Advanced driving. Unfortunately, I'll now have to stop using lower insurance as an additional reason to join.
Peat

Worcestershire IAM observer, RoADAR (Gold)
Peat

Postby Darren » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:40 pm

No insurance company will ever be really good for everyone. The process at http://www.advanced-driving.co.uk/car-insurance/ will usually get you a cheaper quote also.

Darren
Darren

Postby rodericksdad » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:56 pm

Unfortunatley you are right i was told you would get better insurance through the IAM select insurance people,to my misfortune i shall never use them again,firstly they lost all the documents that i had sent them and then threatened to cancell my insurance after they admitted that they had lost them, and then to add insult to injury i found that they were one of the most expensive quotes on the market when i could get the same cover including all the extras forfor half the cost,so i then shopped around online and swapped,as nice as it would be to be able to say yes i am insured thru the IAM my pockets will not stand the cost,this in no way though reflects the good work that they do as a whole and i am proud to have been able to take and pass the test and i am indebted to the people that helped me get there and because of that it has certainly made me a better driver albeit far from perfect,but i feel that it has also helped me in my line of work also,just a pity about the insurance side of it,
best regards,Clive.
rodericksdad

Return to General Car Chat Forum