Looks like fun

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby martine » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:54 pm

To save you reading the youtube comments...

a) it's not as easy as you'd think - apparently the entry speed to the last bend has to be quite precise: too slow and you don't make the 200mph before having to brake; too fast and the Traction Control kicks in.

b) the tape on the Aventador wheel arches is to protect against stone damage.

Completely pointless of course but I'd like to have a go.

Has anyone here done 200mph in a car?
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby waremark » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:29 pm

Glad you appreciate my sons fun and games Martin. They said you had to exit the top corner between 60 and 62. In the event he had space in hand and was braking earlier than necessary because he had hit 203.

These things are not without risk. When I had a day in my previous M3 with Mike Franey, a brilliant coach now retired, he drifted it round the top corner in exactly the same location and just had 150 on the speedo when one of the back tyres shredded. The noise was dramatic, but he was able to hold the car straight and the only harm done was slight damage to a wheel arch.

Incidentally the fastest I have ever driven was also down the straight at Bruntingthorpe - but it was quite a long way short of 200. Ecurie 25 have some fabulous cars. I am very jealous of the invitations which my son gets.
waremark

Postby martine » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:34 pm

He's your son...really...I had no idea - small world. I follow his youtube uploads...obviously a real petrol-head...I wonder where he gets that from?
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Return to General Car Chat Forum