New drivers 2 year probation period

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby fungus » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:25 pm

AustinCann wrote:I think it may rather be easier to plead guilty and re-do the tests. So i believe I am not eligible to take the theory test before hearing the provocation from DVLA? Once I get the provisional, can I drive mo-ped? Can I drive 600CC or there is a definition for mo-ped?

If, as seems likely, your licence is revoked, you will have to wait until you receive your new licence before taking your theory test. Find an ADI to give you a few lessons to iron out any problems in your driving and get a practical test booked. In my experience it only takes a few lessons to iron out problems, sometimes only two or three.

As far as two wheeled transport is concerned, that will depend on your age and the groups on your licence. You will definitely be able to ride a moped.
Nigel ADI
IAM observer
fungus

Postby waremark » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:57 am

fungus wrote:
AustinCann wrote:I think it may rather be easier to plead guilty and re-do the tests. So i believe I am not eligible to take the theory test before hearing the provocation from DVLA? Once I get the provisional, can I drive mo-ped? Can I drive 600CC or there is a definition for mo-ped?

If, as seems likely, your licence is revoked, you will have to wait until you receive your new licence before taking your theory test. Find an ADI to give you a few lessons to iron out any problems in your driving and get a practical test booked. In my experience it only takes a few lessons to iron out problems, sometimes only two or three.

As far as two wheeled transport is concerned, that will depend on your age and the groups on your licence. You will definitely be able to ride a moped.

It would help the OP if we could tell him what the quickest way is to become mobile again - he is in danger of losing his job, which would be a pretty tough penalty. Can you advise?
waremark

Postby vonhosen » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:40 am

waremark wrote:
fungus wrote:

It would help the OP if we could tell him what the quickest way is to become mobile again - he is in danger of losing his job, which would be a pretty tough penalty. Can you advise?

The quickest way is post revocation get his provisional & get a moped.
Beyond that pass HPT & theory test, book & pass practical test (but his new licence will still have the points for totting purposes on it).
Any views expressed are mine & mine alone.
I do not represent my employer or these forums.
vonhosen

Postby GJD » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:51 am

vonhosen wrote:The quickest way is post revocation get his provisional & get a moped.
Beyond that pass HPT & theory test, book & pass practical test (but his new licence will still have the points for totting purposes on it).

Will the OP need Compulsory Basic Training to ride a moped on the road?
GJD

Postby vonhosen » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:39 pm

GJD wrote:
vonhosen wrote:The quickest way is post revocation get his provisional & get a moped.

Will the OP need Compulsory Basic Training to ride a moped on the road?

Yes.
Any views expressed are mine & mine alone.
I do not represent my employer or these forums.
vonhosen

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum