Channel 5 Series on British Roads and Commuting

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby AlexSTV » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:26 pm

Hi all,

Bit of a strange request for here - but I thought it worth a pop, given you're all motorists and road users!

I'm making a new two part documentary series for Channel 5 that looks at Britain’s road and transport network – and am looking for people who might be interested in participating in the series.

The first episode is called Britain’s Worst Roads

Is there is a particular road that always makes your life a misery? Have you had a narrow escape on an A Road black spot or a dangerous junction? Do you live on a dangerous road, or are you fed up with a road that seems to be covered with road works 365 days a year?

If any of that rings a bell I would love to hear from you.

The second episode is called Britain’s Worst Commutes

This show is about the crazy lengths the people of Britain go to just to get to their desks five days a week.

Do you have a commute from hell? Spend hours sat in gridlock? Squeeze onto a train like sardines in a can?

Or are you a super commuter, travelling an enormous distance (perhaps switching between different methods of transport) with no choice but to make a mammoth journey every day?

If any of that sounds like it could apply to you, please get in touch.

Drop me a line at roadsandcommutes@stv.tv or give me a call on 02072901337

Many thanks,

Alex
AlexSTV

Postby jameslb101 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:53 pm

jameslb101

Postby GJD » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:24 pm

Sounds cheery :)

Are you doing an episode on brilliant roads and how awesome it is driving on them?
GJD

Postby WhoseGeneration » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:36 pm

GJD wrote:Sounds cheery :)

Are you doing an episode on brilliant roads and how awesome it is driving on them?

And the first rule of "brilliant roads" club is? :)
Always a commentary, spoken or not.
Keeps one safe. One hopes.
WhoseGeneration

Postby Silk » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:59 pm

WhoseGeneration wrote:

There's no such thing as brilliant roads, only brilliant drivers? :wink:
Silk

Postby TripleS » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:44 am

Silk wrote:
WhoseGeneration wrote:

There's no such thing as brilliant roads, only brilliant drivers? :wink:

Ah well, we're all in the latter category, of course; but if we're going to have whinges about supposedly dangerous roads, I'm jolly well going to enjoy the brilliant ones as compensation: e.e. A165, A169, A170, A171, B1416.

Let's hope we never get the NSL applied to these: it could just spoil them a bit. 8)

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby GJD » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:06 pm

GJD wrote:Are you doing an episode on brilliant roads and how awesome it is driving on them?

Oooh!!! Looks like the OP's competition has leapt on my idea!

http://www.advanced-driving.co.uk/forum//viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4539
GJD

Postby AlexSTV » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:05 pm

Hello all,

Thanks for the comments.

Regrettably no 'Brilliant Roads' programme has been requested by 5... But I will have a think about ways of celebrating 'good' roads...

- Out of interest - what makes a good road for you? The ones that are the most fun to drive, also seem to be the most dangerous (at least in terms of numbers of deaths)!

Thanks for posting the Pistonheads thread - it's a cracker. I've tried to post on the message board before, but they don't allow posts from the likes of me, which is a bugger.

Anyway, if anyone has a stories to tell about bad roads or junctions or a mammoth commute, please get in touch.

Many thanks,

Alex

roadsandcommutes@stv.tv

AlexSTV

Return to General Car Chat Forum