Roundabout with left Lane slip roads..

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby revian » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:31 pm

We have a couple of smallish roundabouts with left turn slip roads. It's possible to take Lane 2, go round to the 1st exit and overtake vehicles in Lane 1 - comfortably in one case as it leads into 2 lanes. In the other it leads to a shirt merge into one Lane..what should I watch out for? Best practice?

I'd post pictures but Mr Google isn't up to date....
Wirral
revian

Postby revian » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:44 am

StressedDave wrote:Best practice - don't collide with other vehicles. Other than that, whatever floats your boat.

I'm avoiding the seafront today, thanks Dave.. :D
Wirral
revian

Postby Silk » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:27 pm

revian wrote:We have a couple of smallish roundabouts with left turn slip roads. It's possible to take Lane 2, go round to the 1st exit and overtake vehicles in Lane 1 - comfortably in one case as it leads into 2 lanes. In the other it leads to a shirt merge into one Lane..what should I watch out for? Best practice?

I'd post pictures but Mr Google isn't up to date....

I suppose it depends on what your priorities are: Getting one car ahead and losing 0.5 seconds from your journey, or the (admittedly small) decreased risk of collision.

No doubt there are some who would say that a true "advanced" driver would chose the route of least resistance and maximum progress, no matter how negligible the advantage.
Silk

Postby revian » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:19 pm

Slow lorries are sometimes the issue...though there can be whole queue behind them one could overtake in the process.

I'm not for saving 0.5 seconds though... On the other hand plenty of moves only do that...
Wirral
revian

Return to General Car Chat Forum