Auto VS Manual

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby triquet » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:34 am

waremark wrote:My experience or interpretation seems to differ from some others here. I think examiners want to see that you can identify where it is consistent with safety and smoothness to go quickly within the limit. This means that they like to see prompt use of a positive rate of acceleration on leaving a hazard or limit. It does not require particularly firm acceleration. I took my high scoring Masters in a diesel car and did not use high revs or its performance potential. Years ago I took my Special Assessment in a very quick car, and I announced to examiner Fenland Flyer in commentary that just once I was going to accelerate firmly up to the limit to let him see the amazing potential of the car. Otherwise I only used a fraction of the performance potential.

That I like :D :D :D :D
Jim
Offshore Engineer and Master of Music
triquet

Postby sussex2 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:20 pm

Quoting Gareth:

'Lack of progress is often not reacting to clearing a hazard, where the mind continues to dwell on what is in the past instead of concentrating solely on what is in the future'.

You have it in a nutshell.
I'm not bothered about the old Romanians and Bulgarians but the Old Etonians scare me rigid.
sussex2

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum