Can you identify this company?

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby richie349 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:46 am

I'm trying to work out what company a lorry may belong to that I saw this morning.

It was a plain white truck and trailer with a circular logo above the drivers cab. The logo was a red circle with what looked like a piece of wheat inside it. That's all.

It was on the M5 heading towards Worcester, so that may be a clue if it's a regional or local company. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
richie349

Postby jont » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:02 am

Weetabix?
jont

Postby richie349 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:15 pm

jont wrote:Weetabix?

I see what you mean, but the logo was pretty much an inverted version of the Weetabix one. I.E. a red circle on a plain white background, with a red piece of wheat or something similar inside it.
richie349

Postby TR4ffic » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:32 pm

Before we get too far into this, can we ask why you want/need to identify this lorry/company?
Riveting – The most fascinating job you could ever have..!

Nick
IAM Member since 1985
TR4ffic

Postby richie349 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:28 am

TR4ffic wrote:Before we get too far into this, can we ask why you want/need to identify this lorry/company?

Yes, no problem. It's to report the driver to his company for tail-gaiting whilst sounding his horn and making wanking gestures out of his window.
richie349

Postby Silk » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:35 am

richie349 wrote:
TR4ffic wrote:Before we get too far into this, can we ask why you want/need to identify this lorry/company?

Yes, no problem. It's to report the driver to his company for tail-gaiting whilst sounding his horn and making wanking gestures out of his window.

He's a lorry driver, what do you expect?
Silk

Postby gannet » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:18 pm

Silk wrote:
richie349 wrote:

for him to display respect and decorum for fellow road users while representing his company?
-- Gannet.
Membership Secretary, East Surrey Group of Advanced Motorists
Driving: Citroen DS3 DSport 1.6THP / MINI Cooper Coupe :D
Riding: Airnimal Joey Sport... (helps with the commute into London during the week!)
ImageImage
gannet

Postby richie349 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:22 pm

gannet wrote:
Silk wrote:

for him to display respect and decorum for fellow road users while representing his company?

That would be nice, but I feel he fell someway short of this! Incidentally, the tailgating happened in a 50mph zone (with average speed cameras) so I couldn't be accused of holding him up unnecessarily.
richie349

Postby MrToad » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Just to play Devils' advocate for a moment, which lane of the Motorway were you in at the time?
Do less, better.
MrToad

Postby TripleS » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:43 pm

Silk wrote:
richie349 wrote:

I expect it was Conor. :lol:
TripleS

Postby richie349 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:46 pm

MrToad wrote:Just to play Devils' advocate for a moment, which lane of the Motorway were you in at the time?

The left, but why do you ask? Is it ok for a lorry driver to tailgate someone who is travelling at the speed limit if they feel that person should be in a different lane?
richie349

Postby MrToad » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:08 pm

richie349 wrote:The left, but why do you ask? Is it ok for a lorry driver to tailgate someone who is travelling at the speed limit if they feel that person should be in a different lane?

Tailgating isn't good behaviour from anyone, but it can sometimes be a predictable reaction from someone who feels they're being held up unnecessarily, whether that's true or not.

You can't always predict how other road users will react, but you can often drive in a way that avoids predictable bad reactions.

In this case, if you were in the left lane already then there's probably not much more you can do, but your mention of the speed limit concerns me a little - I'd suggest that unless you're a traffic cop and have access to calibrated measuring equipment, the speed limit shouldn't be a factor in how you deal with other road users.
Do less, better.
MrToad

Postby Ancient » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:14 pm

MrToad wrote:
richie349 wrote:The left, but why do you ask? Is it ok for a lorry driver to tailgate someone who is travelling at the speed limit if they feel that person should be in a different lane?

Tailgating isn't good behaviour from anyone, but it can sometimes be a predictable reaction from someone who feels they're being held up unnecessarily, whether that's true or not.

You can't always predict how other road users will react, but you can often drive in a way that avoids predictable bad reactions.

In this case, if you were in the left lane already then there's probably not much more you can do, but your mention of the speed limit concerns me a little - I'd suggest that unless you're a traffic cop and have access to calibrated measuring equipment, the speed limit shouldn't be a factor in how you deal with other road users.

Surely the speed limit (along with your own consideration of the safe maximum speed if that is less than the limit) is a pretty large factor in how we deal with other road users? We shouldn't (need to) deal with other road users by exceeding (according to available intrumentation which may simply be the speedometer on our vehicle) whichever is the lesser.
Ancient

Postby richie349 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:19 pm

The speed limit was even more relevant in this case since it was a restricted section of roadworks with average speed cameras. All three lanes of traffic were moving at pretty much the same speed, so there was minimal scope for speeding up, slowing down or changing lane.
richie349

Postby MGF » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:34 pm

In this scenario I would move to lane 2 and let him pass on the nearside then I would return to lane 1. Everyone's a winner. :)
MGF

Next

Return to General Car Chat Forum