Second fatality within a month.

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby martine » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:31 pm

Horse wrote:
martine wrote: No most air accidents involve no loss of life at all

I had a trainee who dropped into conversation: "I've never crashed a bike - crashed a plane though"

:shock: :)
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby michael769 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:29 pm

triquet wrote:
I suspect also it is highly dependent on time of day. On the Oxfordshire A34 you see some very interesting "progress" being made at 6:00 am and 19:00 - 20:00 in the evening as the "area managers" boot around in their Audis and Beemers ... :mrgreen:

If is quite noticable round my way that traffic is more "progress oriented" around peak times than at other times of day.
Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open
Thomas Robert Dewar(1864-1930)
michael769

Postby jont » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:24 am

Horse wrote:

I had a trainee who dropped into conversation: "I've never crashed a bike - crashed a plane though"

If you can walk away, it's a good landing.

If you can use the aircraft again, it's a great landing :lol:
jont

Postby triquet » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:48 am

jont wrote:
Horse wrote:

If you can walk away, it's a good landing.

If you can use the aircraft again, it's a great landing :lol:

It's a good philosophy and I wish it would apply to cars. Some people, should somebody inadvertently brush against their shiny beemer or lumpen 4x4, foam at the mouth and scream, fall to the ground and demand huge payments for non-existent damage and whiplash compensation. Proportionality in all things, say I.
Jim
Offshore Engineer and Master of Music
triquet

Postby martine » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:29 am

triquet wrote:It's a good philosophy and I wish it would apply to cars. Some people, should somebody inadvertently brush against their shiny beemer or lumpen 4x4, foam at the mouth and scream, fall to the ground and demand huge payments for non-existent damage and whiplash compensation. Proportionality in all things, say I.

I may be one of those people. What really annoys me is if someone causes damage to another vehicle, often when parking, they just walk away rather than leave name and address etc. Just because they may not look after their vehicle, doesn't mean others don't and it's flippin' rude. I take pride in my car but it's covered in scratches on the door opening areas and scrapes on the corners - not by me! :twisted:
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby waremark » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:16 am

Horse wrote:

Could have been me - well, it was a glider. I rang my wife and said 'I have been trying parachuting'. No loss of life. Wreckage landed on a garden shed, otherwise no harm done except to the insurers of two gliders.

BTW, I have not been a bike rider, otherwise maybe I would have crashed one!
waremark

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum