Satnavs

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby skodatezzer » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:28 pm

jcochrane wrote:
skodatezzer wrote:Was tending towards a GO6000 or 5000, until I receive an e-mail from the TomTom "service" team informing me that the £47.50 I paid for a year's live services, (which I can't use because my device is faulty, and in fact haven't received) is non refundable 'cos the purchase was of a download. In their generosity, they are offering me a 20% discount on another device, which would make it, in the case of a GO6000, only about £10 more expensive than buying the same item on Amazon. Wonder if I've got a case under the Sale of Goods Act. :twisted:

Have you asked them about transferring the service? It may be just a case of signing in with the new devise with the old account. I seem to remember this can be done but there must be a month wait between each transfer. To stop people paying for one subscription and switching between two or more devices every few days.

Because I have three TomTom devices if I include the iPhone they have been able to sort out which account I wanted on which device. Something they can do from their end. When I ran into problems a year or so back.

Actually, my indignation may be slightly misplaced. The offer from TT did include transferring the service (tho if I buy a GO6000 or 5000 most of the service is included on a lifetime basis anyway) and when I work out the 20% discount using a calculator rather than faulty mental arithmetic it's actually a few quid cheaper than buying on Amazon. Ho, Hum - didn't really want to be pushing out c£250 0n a new satnav, just when the B****y Skoda's decided to throw a wobbler that'll probably cost even more than that. Donkey and cart, that's the answer. :evil: :evil: :evil:
IAM National Observer. Chair, E. Surrey IAM.
skodatezzer

Postby skodatezzer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:50 pm

GO6000 purchased. Regarding transfer of services, I'm being given 2 1/2 years worth of speed camera alerts for my £47.50, as most of the other stuff (maps and traffic) come as part of the new package. Fair 'nuff, I reckon - got to say that the guy on the help desk was well up to the job too. Soooo - looking forward to playing with the new toy, and watching for the next warning light on the b****y Skoda! :evil:
IAM National Observer. Chair, E. Surrey IAM.
skodatezzer

Postby jameslb101 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:08 pm

skodatezzer wrote:...and watching for the next warning light on the b****y Skoda! :evil:

You're sounding like jont now :wink:
jameslb101

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum