Take the quizz

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby daz6215 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:23 pm

daz6215

Postby martine » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:13 pm

How annoying...some questions have more than one correct answer but perhaps the wording is in the Highway Code rather than Roadcraft. I got an embarrassing 65% but I declare foul-play!

Makes you think though.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Silk » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:53 pm

martine wrote:How annoying...some questions have more than one correct answer but perhaps the wording is in the Highway Code rather than Roadcraft. I got an embarrassing 65% but I declare foul-play!

Makes you think though.

I think Roadcraft is rubbish. It's the most mind-numbingly tedious and patronising book I've ever had the mis-fortune to have read. The driving world would be all the better without it.

As you may have guessed, I didn't do too well either. :wink:
Silk

Postby Adamxck » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:31 pm

I got 81%. I admit that I used my common sense rather than recalling what the book says. Somewhat encouraging i suppose. It was mainly number specific questions I got incorrect rather than theory and planning type stuff.
Adamxck

Postby Silk » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:19 pm

Adamxck wrote:I got 81%.

Girly swot :evil:
Silk

Postby fungus » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:21 pm

I think I'll hide before Silk makes a stronger comment than he did for Adamxck. I got 92%. And no, I don't wear an anorak.
Nigel ADI
IAM observer
fungus

Postby Silk » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:14 pm

fungus wrote:I think I'll hide before Silk makes a stronger comment than he did for Adamxck. I got 92%. And no, I don't wear an anorak.

92%? You mean you got something WRONG? :shock:
Silk

Postby skodatezzer » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:25 pm

I'm keeping reeeeeealy quiet on this one! :oops: At least I was better on the Roadcraft bits - just wasn't sure when one could or couldn't toot -as well as some other stuff........ :roll:
IAM National Observer. Chair, E. Surrey IAM.
skodatezzer

Postby fungus » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:33 pm

Silk wrote:
fungus wrote:I think I'll hide before Silk makes a stronger comment than he did for Adamxck. I got 92%. And no, I don't wear an anorak.

92%? You mean you got something WRONG? :shock:

Yes, that realy dented my pride. :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nigel ADI
IAM observer
fungus

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:52 pm

I got 54%.

NOTE: I've never touched a Roadcraft book before, so that's good going :lol:
TheInsanity1234

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 am

77% - oh dear, I've just failed my Advanced Tutor test (Same questions as for Diploma. The pass mark was 84%) :( :oops: Luckily, the written test is taken only once, and when I took it I'd obviously been swotting up just prior to the test. Looking at the questions again, there was at least one which I could have answered correctly by reading the answers more closely (Martin, only one answer is ever correct; they vary the wording of the other answers so that they answer a different question from the one given, or are intrinsically incorrect).

The other ones I missed out on were those where a specific phrase is quoted as being present in Roadcraft, and a number of possible alternatives are given which are all very plausible. So on the whole I'm not too upset.
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby martine » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:...Looking at the questions again, there was at least one which I could have answered correctly by reading the answers more closely (Martin, only one answer is ever correct; they vary the wording of the other answers so that they answer a different question from the one given, or are intrinsically incorrect).

Yes the 'must' and 'should' are quite key...my bad.
Silly thing is I did the real ROSPA diploma written test last November and got 89%.
Last edited by Mr Cholmondeley-Warner on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fix quote markers
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:11 pm

martine wrote:
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:...Looking at the questions again, there was at least one which I could have answered correctly by reading the answers more closely (Martin, only one answer is ever correct; they vary the wording of the other answers so that they answer a different question from the one given, or are intrinsically incorrect).

Yes the 'must' and 'should' are quite key...my bad.
Silly thing is I did the real ROSPA diploma written test last November and got 89%.

In my case it involved mistaking the word "braking" for the word "stopping" :)

Have you got a Diploma then, Martin? (Edit: I see you have - well done!)
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Return to General Car Chat Forum