New police advanced driver video

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby michael769 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:45 pm

TripleS wrote:Do they use the term undertaking? On their multi-lane roads I understand they pass on either side, and this is normal and legal, with no worrying about being deemed to be driving carelessly etc.

I have friends in the US who do use the term. As I understand it while it is generally legal, and drivers in some states consider is an acceptable norm, in other states they have the same dislike for it as we do (my friends come from such a state).
Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open
Thomas Robert Dewar(1864-1930)
michael769

Postby TripleS » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:55 pm

michael769 wrote:
TripleS wrote:Do they use the term undertaking? On their multi-lane roads I understand they pass on either side, and this is normal and legal, with no worrying about being deemed to be driving carelessly etc.

I have friends in the US who do use the term. As I understand it while it is generally legal, and drivers in some states consider is an acceptable norm, in other states they have the same dislike for it as we do (my friends come from such a state).

Oh, that must be tricky for them. Maybe their states need to be more united....

It's like 'undertaking' being acceptable in Yorkshire, and unacceptable in Lancashire or similar hellhole. (said he, running for cover). :wink:
TripleS

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum