New police advanced driver video

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Horse » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:28 am

New police advanced driver video, speakers / earphones essential

[youtube]1422579428&v=8XFBUM8dMqw&x-yt-cl=85114404[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1 ... r_embedded
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby martine » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:20 pm

That's very funny...not sure if it's genuine...if it is, half of me says it's very bold of the police dept. to show the human side of the police and great PR but the other half says he was driving without due care and shouldn't encourage others to 'drive distracted'.

On that basis I'm guessing it isn't genuine.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby TripleS » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:04 pm

martine wrote:That's very funny...not sure if it's genuine...if it is, half of me says it's very bold of the police dept. to show the human side of the police and great PR but the other half says he was driving without due care and shouldn't encourage others to 'drive distracted'.

On that basis I'm guessing it isn't genuine.

The steering technique seemed a bit odd: he didn't have both hands on the wheel quite as much as he could have done.
TripleS

Postby martine » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:02 pm

TripleS wrote:[The steering technique seemed a bit odd: he didn't have both hands on the wheel quite as much as he could have done.

:lol:
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Horse » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:49 pm

But . . . he gave hand signals without subsequently turning! :roll: :lol: 8)
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby hir » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:56 pm

It seems it was specially staged.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/17/cops-shak ... -cam-fake/

From .tmz.com... "The viral video of a cop singing "Shake It Off " while on patrol is NOT legit dash cam footage ... TMZ has learned -- but if that stops you from watching, then you clearly have no soul.

The video has been blowing up the internet Saturday ... and already racked up over 400K views on YouTube in less than 24 hours -- but the Dover PD tells us the whole thing was produced ... despite the chyron saying otherwise.

We're told the officers wanted to film their Taylor Swift tribute to celebrate the success of the station's Facebook page ... and show a lighter side of law enforcement."
hir

Postby TripleS » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:09 pm

Horse wrote:But . . . he gave hand signals without subsequently turning! :roll: :lol: 8)

Yes, a variety of signals, most of which I didn't understand. Obviously I need some better training; if there's anyone in the market for a really difficult task. :shock:
TripleS

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:54 pm

I thought the hand signals were quite clear, the handsignals were gesturing to people to overtake? :lol:
TheInsanity1234

Postby martine » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:02 am

Ha...done some poking around and it does look like it's genuine...NBC think so - his name is Master Cpl: Jeff Davis and the police dept. reckon it helps to 'humanize officers' and has now been viewed 28m times in 2 weeks!
martine

Postby Horse » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:09 am

Horse

Postby martine » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:46 pm

Horse wrote:http://www.theadanews.com/news/cop-stages-shake-it-off-dashcam-video-to-shake-off/article_76d6f726-a0ae-11e4-bb2b-9753276f3d2e.html?mode=jqm

Oh well done - I bow to your superior net sleuthing skills.

Still makes me laugh - he's a funny guy and I bet he's a hoot to work with.
martine

Postby Horse » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:56 pm

martine wrote:
Horse wrote:http://www.theadanews.com/news/cop-stages-shake-it-off-dashcam-video-to-shake-off/article_76d6f726-a0ae-11e4-bb2b-9753276f3d2e.html?mode=jqm

Oh well done - I bow to your superior net sleuthing skills.

Still makes me laugh - he's a funny guy and I bet he's a hoot to work with.

Can't claim credit - my mate G. Oogle found it. I just looked for ghe most recent hit. And I agree :)
Horse

Postby TripleS » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:22 am

TheInsanity1234 wrote:I thought the hand signals were quite clear, the handsignals were gesturing to people to overtake? :lol:

I didn't notice that, but was he, by any chance, also inviting undertaking? :wink:

One thing I did appreciate was the steering technique at the start. It seemed to be primarily palming the wheel, which to me is indicative of a driver who is relaxed in his driving, but competent and confident. I suppose if I keep working at it....well, you never know. :)
TripleS

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:36 pm

TripleS wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote:I thought the hand signals were quite clear, the handsignals were gesturing to people to overtake? :lol:

I didn't notice that, but was he, by any chance, also inviting undertaking? :wink:

One thing I did appreciate was the steering technique at the start. It seemed to be primarily palming the wheel, which to me is indicative of a driver who is relaxed in his driving, but competent and confident. I suppose if I keep working at it....well, you never know. :)

Well, the cop was American, and you know what the Americans are like in their attitude to "undertaking"
TheInsanity1234

Postby TripleS » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:44 am

TheInsanity1234 wrote:
TripleS wrote:

Well, the cop was American, and you know what the Americans are like in their attitude to "undertaking"

Do they use the term undertaking? On their multi-lane roads I understand they pass on either side, and this is normal and legal, with no worrying about being deemed to be driving carelessly etc.
TripleS

Next

Return to General Car Chat Forum