End of spark plugs?

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Silk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:21 pm

Silk

Postby superplum » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:59 pm

Silk wrote: Is the answer, "a spark"?

Was there a question?
:|
superplum

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:49 pm

Must've been a bright spark that came up with this!
TheInsanity1234

Postby trashbat » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:42 pm

Not to say that improvements have to come along in a linear fashion, but is the spark plug - of all things - really the weak link in the typical internal combustion engine?

When I've got a reliable camless, multi-air, direct injection engine that doesn't coke up, get on with sorting the ignition by all means :D
Rob - IAM F1RST, Alfa Romeo 156 JTS
trashbat

Postby Silk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:50 pm

superplum wrote:

Was there a question?

In the title?

Anyway, real engines don't have spark plugs. :P
Silk

Postby revian » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:08 pm

Silk wrote:
superplum wrote:

Was there a question?

In the title?

Anyway, real engines don't have spark plugs. :P

Anyone using 'silk' should be able to work out at least one question being asked... even if A second opinion has to be looked for elsewhere...:wink:
Wirral
revian

Postby Silk » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:50 pm

revian wrote:Anyone using 'silk' should be able to work out at least one question being asked... even if A second opinion has to be looked for elsewhere...:wink:

I'm not a big fan of posts that only contain a link with no explanation. It comes across as a bit lazy and, as I'm also a bit lazy, I can't be arsed to click on it, so I didn't. So, what's the answer, I'm on the edge of my seat here? :wink:
Silk

Postby revian » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:32 pm

Silk wrote:
revian wrote:Anyone using 'silk' should be able to work out at least one question being asked... even if A second opinion has to be looked for elsewhere...:wink:

I'm not a big fan of posts that only contain a link with no explanation. It comes across as a bit lazy and, as I'm also a bit lazy, I can't be arsed to click on it, so I didn't. So, what's the answer, I'm on the edge of my seat here? :wink:

Hope it's comfortable then as I've soooo moved on... :wink:
Wirral
revian

Postby Silk » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:02 pm

revian wrote:
Silk wrote:

Hope it's comfortable then as I've soooo moved on... :wink:

Ooooooh! Get you. :P
Silk

Postby pete g » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:18 pm

Silk, why comment if you cant be arsed to read the link... its complex/long article what do you want him to do copy/paste? Are the real engines you comment on the ones just banned from Paris centre for being so polluting...?

The Spark plug is a fairly primitive device when you think about it, been around for over 100yrs, about time someone thought of something different/better.. power to their elbow.. laser might cost a bit more mind...
Br1stol IAM Observer
IAM Motorcycle
MSA - Bristol Pegasus MC.
pete g

Postby revian » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:02 am

I wonder about splitting some of the laser off to the forward cannon?

:D
Wirral
revian

Postby Andy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Silk wrote:I'm not a big fan of posts that only contain a link with no explanation. It comes across as a bit lazy and, as I'm also a bit lazy, I can't be arsed to click on it, so I didn't. So, what's the answer, I'm on the edge of my seat here? :wink:

:lol: :lol:
Andy Stoll
Advanced Motorcycle Instructor
Derbyshire Advanced Rider Training
Andy

Postby Silk » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:31 pm

pete g wrote:Silk, why comment if you cant be arsed to read the link... its complex/long article what do you want him to do copy/paste?

If he can't be bothered to give a reason why I should follow it, why should I follow it? The only original bit of the post was the title, so that's all I replied to. :P
Silk

Return to General Car Chat Forum