Goodwood

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby kwaka jack » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:46 am

I'm looking at going to goodwood festive of speed/revival this year. Would people have been before recommend getting grand stand seat packages? is it worth the extra expense? or are general admission tickets ok?

Cheers

Jackson
kwaka jack

Postby akirk » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:59 pm

I haven't been for a few years (though am going this year) - but have done the last couple o revivals...

I don't bother - part of the fun of Goodwood is getting close to the cars / moving around the circuit or up the hill and seeing things from a different angle, you will get a better view of a part of the action - but it depends whether it is worth the extra money to do that for only a part of the time - use it all the time and I feel you would be missing out in other ways...

Alasdair
akirk

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:49 pm

I've only ever done FoS (using the free tickets the Telegraph used to give away), and never missed the grandstand stuff. As Alasdair says, being close to the action far surpasses the views from the grandstand.

Take some sun cream, I've never been and not got burnt.
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mike H » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:10 pm

We’ve just left Goodwood having spent the weekend at the annual Members’ Meeting. Have had a fabulous weekend, apart from the biting cold wind on Saturday. This and, generally, FoS are the two Goodwood events we tend to attend each year.

I think the answer to your question probably depends on how long you’re planning to spend at the event. If you’re only going for one day then my advice would be not to bother – there’s too much to see and do around the event than spend time sitting in a grandstand! If you’re going for the weekend (or possibly longer in the case of FoS) then you might want to consider it for one day possibly?

As I mentioned above, we’ve just come back from two great days at the Members’ Meeting, and I bought grandstand tickets for yesterday (we were meeting up with friends today). I suppose we sat in the stands for no more than maybe a couple of hours to see some specific races and demonstrations, there was just too much else that we wanted to see and do. At FoS where we tend to go Thursday – Sunday then, for us, grandstand tickets for one day work, but you can often see as much from the trackside as from a grandstand if you get a spot early.

Don’t underestimate the crowds for FoS and Revival and allow plenty of time for getting in and out of the event.

Finally, as alluded to above, allow for any and every type of weather. Goodwood seems to have a micro climate all of its own!
IAM; RoADAR
Mike H

Postby kwaka jack » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:46 am

Excellent, cheers for the info guys. I won't bother with the extra expense.

Jackson
kwaka jack

Return to General Car Chat Forum