Hi. New guy on the block

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby T.C » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:47 pm

Hi Everyone.

New boy on the forum. I am a former RoSPA senior examiner for both bikes and cars, I was responsible for setting up the RoSPA diploma for advanced motorcycle instructors and at the moment I am setting up a new City and Guild qualification for advanced motorcyclists from post DAS through to examiner level. I have been an IAM examiner in the past as well.

The course has been accredited by City and Guilds and we should go live later this year early next.

I teach motorcyclists to advanced level, I also sit on the committee of the British Standards Institute, I am also a subject matter expert for the Driving Standards Agency to name but a few of my qualifications.

I am occasionaly involved with cars, but this comes second to motorcycles, although I have been involved in examining a number of celebrities in their posh cars over the years.

I look forward to some interesting discussions.
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world, than 30 years early in the next.
T.C

Postby Rick » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:26 pm

Welcome :D
Rick

Postby vonhosen » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:12 pm

Hi another new boy here, will be popping in when I can to see what people have to say :D
Any views expressed are mine & mine alone.
I do not represent my employer or these forums.
vonhosen

Postby Lynne » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:28 pm

Welcome T.C and Vonhosen.

VH I hope you'll do more than just pop in and look!! :shock: :D
ADI
RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction

Thankyou for being courteous to horses and riders :)
Lynne

Postby vonhosen » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:50 pm

I'll probably have something to say about some topics that come up I'm sure :wink:
vonhosen

Postby Lynne » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:31 am

vonhosen wrote:I'll probably have something to say about some topics that come up I'm sure :wink:

Found your 'tongue' soon enough I see :lol: :lol: :D :D :P :P
ADI
RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction

Thankyou for being courteous to horses and riders :)
Lynne

Postby vonhosen » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:05 pm

Just can't help myself :P
vonhosen

Postby Bazz » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:14 pm

Hi all

Newbie here, so be gentle. A quick bit about myself. I'm in the born again category, actually never had a licence fist time round - didn't need one at home if you had a car licence before I get a rollicking :o Did my DAS 3 years ago, IAM 2 years ago and doing my RoSPA training at the moment. Ride a GSX1400 if anyone's interested. Also a volunteer rider for Freewheelers.

Looking forward to loads of tips and maybe even giving a few (probably less of that though in this esteemed company, I'm here to learn!).

Is there a virtual pub where I can buy everyone a round? If so, my virtual plastic is behind the bar :o

Cheers
Bazz
Bazz

Postby MikeG » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:26 am

Hi Bazz,

Come and join the fun. Don't think you'll get much input from me. I've never been on two wheels in my life (except on a Raleigh) I think I'm begining to realise what I've been missing though.

Cheers, thanks for the drink

Mike :lol:
MikeG

Postby Bazz » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:56 pm

Thanks for the welcome Mike :D 2 wheels are half the number of 4 (I used my fingers for that), but a whole lot more than twice the fun :D Give it a try, you may enjoy it, although after today's weather it's time to dig out the heated gear methinks :(

Cheers
Bazz
Bazz

Return to General Car Chat Forum