CARFEST NORTH

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Lady Godiva » Sat May 02, 2015 10:53 am

I'm going to CARFEST NORTH 2015 on the Sunday (normal day pass). We'll be staying about 15 miles away and driving there for the 10am start. I can imagine that it will be extremely busy, queues etc, so I just wondered if anyone on here had been before and could recommend how early to get there, what the traffic will be like, general arrival tips etc.

Any comments would be most appreciated.

All the best
Sally x
Lady Godiva

Postby TripleS » Sat May 02, 2015 4:13 pm

Lady Godiva wrote:I'm going to CARFEST NORTH 2015 on the Sunday (normal day pass). We'll be staying about 15 miles away and driving there for the 10am start. I can imagine that it will be extremely busy, queues etc, so I just wondered if anyone on here had been before and could recommend how early to get there, what the traffic will be like, general arrival tips etc.

Any comments would be most appreciated.

All the best
Sally x

Hiya Sally, not heard from you for quite a while. I trust you're in rude health. (I'm just rude. :lol: )

Will you be bringing a supply of your rock buns, or was it heavy duty scones? :wink:

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby Lady Godiva » Sat May 02, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi Dave - I hope you are well in sunny Whitby! I haven't been around for a while as I wanted to do less typing and more driving.

It was my cherry scones that needed attention and although I never managed to crack those pesky scones, I moved onto freshly baked bread with some success. If you get to CARFEST I'll be the one with Jimmy Choos and considerably bigger buns!

That's assuming we can get into Oulton Park of course, I've a feeling it's going to be busy.

All the best
Sally x
Lady Godiva

Postby Ralge » Sat May 02, 2015 5:20 pm

Can't help you really since I haven't been there as a day-tripper.
Judging by the walk-in queues that I've seen on the Saturday or Sunday, I don't think you'll have too much of a problem - I've never heard any mutterings about the queues.
We are there for the 3rd year running (weekend camping) and the whole event centres on family fun and has been very relaxed and good-spirited.
Enjoy.
Fleet ADI, RoSPA Dip, RoADTest examiner.
Ralge

Postby Rick101 » Mon May 04, 2015 7:02 am

Woo hoo also managed to get tickets on Thu morning.

Have booked for the weekend so will I'll make it a family camping trip.
Have just purchased a 98 V70, that should do just the job.
Rick101

Return to General Car Chat Forum