My new car.

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Rick999 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:55 pm

Loving the new motor so far. Got a couple of mods in the pipeline, plus a new S1000R arriving on July 1st. :lol:

Rick999

Postby akirk » Mon May 11, 2015 9:25 pm

Am I allowed to be jealous?! :D
Love the colour - and I do like the latest style of BMWs - much sharper than earlier versions...

what is it like to drive?

Alasdair
akirk

Postby Rick999 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Thanks. It's very quick with loads of low down torque and no noticeable turbo lag. It also handles well with no discernible understeer. It can get a little wayward when cornering over a crest when the vertical body control can suffer a little. I guess this is the compromise of a 4 door car with lots of creature comforts as well as a fair turn of speed.

I'm very impressed with it and really enjoy driving it :D
Rick999

Postby waremark » Tue May 12, 2015 12:16 am

I had a drive in an M4 a few days ago - the same car less two doors. It is immensely capable, and capable of being refined and luxurious as well as of being fierce and fast. Far more capable and far less damaging to the environment than the previous version, but perhaps a little less engaging. My lucky son has it on loan from BMW, here he is talking about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVkZ_iamwMQ
waremark

Postby akirk » Tue May 12, 2015 9:24 am

waremark wrote:I had a drive in an M4 a few days ago - the same car less two doors. It is immensely capable, and capable of being refined and luxurious as well as of being fierce and fast. Far more capable and far less damaging to the environment than the previous version, but perhaps a little less engaging. My lucky son has it on loan from BMW, here he is talking about it:

the lines on that are even better! but not sure I would want only two doors... (and that colour!)
also, bearing in mind the recent thread on here - he might wish to relocate that enormous plastic holder he has attached to the windscreen!

Alasdair
akirk

Postby Rick999 » Tue May 12, 2015 10:20 am

I actually prefer the 4 door version as well as needing it for the baby seat!
Rick999

Postby waremark » Tue May 12, 2015 11:45 am

akirk wrote:
waremark wrote:I had a drive in an M4 a few days ago - the same car less two doors. It is immensely capable, and capable of being refined and luxurious as well as of being fierce and fast. Far more capable and far less damaging to the environment than the previous version, but perhaps a little less engaging. My lucky son has it on loan from BMW, here he is talking about it:

the lines on that are even better! but not sure I would want only two doors... (and that colour!)
also, bearing in mind the recent thread on here - he might wish to relocate that enormous plastic holder he has attached to the windscreen!

Alasdair

The colour! Quite, bit probably good for filming. This is the M4 which Clarkson (remember him?) filmed.

As to the bracket, I don't remember if it was there when I drove. The bottom of the screen wouldn't be in my sight line. The car has a headup display projected onto the windscreen. While it was easy to see, I was looking at it rather than through it and I did not find it particularly easier to use than the normal instruments.
waremark

Postby petes » Wed May 13, 2015 2:24 pm

Looks very smart. You can't go wrong with BMWs. Proper cars, with the engine and driven wheels all in the right places!
petes

Return to General Car Chat Forum