IAM/ROSPA test

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Kimosabe » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:11 pm

revian wrote:Kimosabe wrote

.....watches and engraved carriage clocks for long or outstanding service

I've always felt it an irony to give a retiree a clock at the point that they were going to give up 'clocking on'.

:D
Ian

Maybe it's a wind up.....

Speaking of which.....
A wise man once told me that "it depends". I sometimes agree.
Kimosabe

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:17 pm

Kimosabe wrote:This isn't my thread, it's a supportive thread for another member.

Er, no it isn't. That's this thread. Posts about IcedKiwi's test pass are off-topic in here, which is a thread about the evolution of the IAM test and a trial that's being carried out in certain parts of the country. The first post explains.

Kimosabe wrote:I still don't see your point and I don't consider your current commentary on my progress and not their's as being constructive, if anything, it's somewhat surprising and incredibly petty. 97/100 and a F1rst three years ago = happy Kimosabe today. I wanted 100%. Discussed it a bit, oh well, learned from it, moved on, doing other things...

You don't think posting a long eulogy of yourself and your [nearly] F1rst achievement (viewed through the rose-tinted spectacles of hindsight) a bit distasteful, perhaps petty in itself? I assume that mefoster, like myself, is rather confused as to how that's meant to be encouragement for IcedKiwi.
Kimosabe wrote:As there is no such thing as a perfect drive and because you have far more experience of AD than I do, why not focus your attention on your own abilities, the difficulties you've encountered along the way and perhaps start your own thread about them? Being as historical details are apparently your thing.

Perplexed, Hove.

Perhaps he prefers to work quietly on his own driving progress without inviting public discussion of it?
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:24 pm

StressedDave wrote:This is the Internet... pedantry and being exactly right is important.

are important ... :roll:
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby akirk » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:35 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:
StressedDave wrote:This is the Internet... pedantry and being exactly right is important.

are important ... :roll:

either :) depends on where the commas should sit!

Alasdair
akirk

Postby hir » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:26 pm

StressedDave wrote:Look, I'm a f$cking engineer - getting the write words on the page should be considered an outcome far exceeding the design specification. :mrgreen:

OK, so being right proper pedantic what you want us to focus on are your outcomes not your inputs, right? :lol: :lol:
hir

Postby Oscarmark » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:50 pm

I am taking an associate for her ROSPA Test in a couple of weeks, who by coincidence was the first person I gave a F1rst to 3 years ago... She produced an immaculate drive with the perfect balance between progress and restraint. We will see.
Oscarmark

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:52 pm

<devil's advocate>Surely you could just give her her Gold now, since she's already above that level, in your marking system? :P </devil's advocate>
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby akirk » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:08 pm

hir wrote:
StressedDave wrote:Look, I'm a f$cking engineer - getting the write words on the page should be considered an outcome far exceeding the design specification. :mrgreen:

OK, so being right proper pedantic what you want us to focus on are your outcomes not your inputs, right? :lol: :lol:

:)
akirk

Postby Oscarmark » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:<devil's advocate>Surely you could just give her her Gold now, since she's already above that level, in your marking system? :P </devil's advocate>

Her F1rst was over 3 years ago, but yes I am expecting a drive worthy of GOLD.... she still however needs to perform on the day.
Oscarmark

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum