New Top Gear

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby jwatkins » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:05 pm

I'm making the assumption that at least some people on this forum will be into this programme to some extent.

What are your views on the prospects of a new line-up featuring Chris Evans, and the very recent announcement that the original trio will be producing a new show for Amazon?
jwatkins

Postby akirk » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:13 pm

I will give both a go, and see
ironically I have an old episode of TG on as I type this - must do some work - need to go and play tennis in half an hour :D

Alasdair
akirk

Postby jwatkins » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:19 pm

I wouldn't have thought I'll be subscribing to Amazon just to find out!

I'd say the general assumption that BBC Top Gear will never be as good without May, Clarkson and Hammond is a little pessimistic. Plenty of shows have undergone a change of presenter and done perfectly well afterwards.
jwatkins

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:22 pm

I'll look at the new one. Won't be bothering with the old team on pay TV. They'd had their day some time ago imho, and the endless re-runs on Dave are there if I feel the need for any vaguely car-related schoolboy humour at any time.
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby pete g » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:33 pm

Nice one Mr CW :-)
Br1stol IAM Observer
IAM Motorcycle
MSA - Bristol Pegasus MC.
pete g

Postby martine » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:38 pm

I already have Amazon 'Prime' as I use them a lot for purchasing IT stuff - so yes I will give the 'not new Top Gear' a try. JC was completely out of order with the violent assault of a colleague and deserved what he got. He is also very witty and I usually agree with his take on cars.

Chris Evans? Hmmm not sure - he's a certified petrol head of course but I'm not sure I like his presenting style, even his voice grates. I think much depends on the co-presenters and their budget - Top Gear in the past produced some stunningly beautiful films - well see.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Return to General Car Chat Forum