Oscarmark - discussion of police/IAM/ROSPA standards

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby kfae8959 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:22 am

Kimosabe wrote:I think a spell chatting with someone who has passed IAM Masters might help me to get my head around what it's about

Feel free to send me a message if you'd like to have that conversation.

David
"A man's life in these parts often depends on a mere scrap of information"
kfae8959

Postby playtent » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:26 pm

Kimosabe wrote:So while being ever grateful to you for the reminder, this sadly doesn't come as news to me. I find the whole situation pretty depressing because I know a few good people who really do care about their communities who arrived at the same conclusion. So it's no longer self-policing communities but policing communities. <---- spot the idealist ;)

Still very pleased to have you and your insights on this forum and as you can see, so are many others too. Thanks.

You can always join the specials. I know CMPG have traffic specials who only work on that department. You won't get a driving course out of it, but you'll get to work with a proactive crime unit who do it a bit of traffic work aswell. I wouldn't automatically expect that your work partner is super keen on driving though, as already explained, you'll probably bore the pants off them! :D

Check with your local,force and see what they can offer.

Cheers
playtent

Postby Zebedee » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:30 pm

Kimosabe, never mind this boring car stuff. Why don't you do something more exciting like getting a bike license? :D

Apart from being more fun, biking will improve your car driving (hazard awareness, road surface awareness, more overtaking experience, even more accuracy for positioning, etc).

There's also the opportunity to take a 1-week advanced course for civilians at Isle of Man speeds. Professional police instruction at speeds permitted by the Isle of Man :mrgreen: What more motivation do you need?

You should get on two wheels! :D
Zebedee

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum